Smileonboard

On 12/31/2021 at 9:53 PM, WYB! said:

Hello,

Happy New Year!

What is working out in the gym like?

Thanks,

- WYB

On 12/30/2021 at 6:16 AM, Smileonboard said:

We had some breakfast at the buffet - the scrambled eggs with spinach , tomato and sausage was good and not overly dry like buffet eggs are usually and of course the bacon is always perfectly cooked - again the baked goods have been terrible at the buffet. We went to the Kennedy space center - we did this on our own and not a ship excursion- it was so crowded - I guess being a holiday week it was extra crowded - certainly was not a limited capacity - it was a great place but hard to do a lot with the crowds - the weather in Florida was beautiful - sunny 80 - after we got back we sat by the pool - had a drink and relaxed. I went to the spa and got a facial and massage and it was fantastic!!!!!! 
Our evening was our normal activities- trivia - show which was a magician and enjoyable and dinner at the orchid garden - again the food was very good. The crew continues to be cheery, and very attentive- 

the mask wearing hasn’t been as bad as I thought - everyone is complying for the most part - a few here and there rebel - anytime you are settled somewhere off they go- some keep them on sitting most fo not. 
There have been some good sales in the atrium each night -

we stopped at the kids glow party and the crew were basically dancing with each other - there is a very low number of kids on the ship which is so strange since it is Christmas week - I am missing the dynamic of the fun parties but then again we have been up and out really early and in bed by 10:30 most evenings 😆

We are currently on the Gem and plan on doing KSC on our own. What option did you use for transportation?

39 minutes ago, daff67 said:

We are currently on the Gem and plan on doing KSC on our own. What option did you use for transportation?

If you are busting going to wing it when you disembark then I would recommend UBER but try to be the first ones off so you don’t encounter surge pricing.  If not the first then be the last.  Being in the middle you will get caught in the surge.  Also check Uber first, then check Lyft then go back and check Uber again.  Most of the times Uber price will drop to match Lyft or even lower especially if Lyft does not have a surge.

5 hours ago, daff67 said:

You may want to rethink this- KSC was packed last week when we were on Gem and many of the people who tested COVID+ after the cruise went there on day 3 of the trip.   

On 12/31/2021 at 5:09 PM, BennyBrun said:

There are several options depending on where you are coming from.  The NY Waterway has a lot of departures from various points in NJ to the pier in NYC so we either do the parking at Weekawken or Jersey City depending on parking deals we can find on the parking apps.  I would avoid a Hoboken departure point since space is a premium over there.

Do you take it to the 39th St. terminal?  It's probably a bit further than I want to walk with suitcases, and if I'm remembering the area right we'd need to cross 12th for the sidewalk and then cross again?