NCL is now cutting services offered after final payment on 7 day Pride of America cruise

Kruzin Karen

3 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I suspect closing Teppanyaki and Moderno has more to do with social distancing than employee numbers. 

Teppanyaki: everyone sits at a shared table with strangers not part of your normal group. Food is prepared tableside while nobody is wearing a mask (except the chef). They consider it too risky mixing people this way. 

Moderno: kind of same. While everyone sits at their own parties the food is paraded from table to table while the people on those tables have no masks on. Again a no-no considering risk of spreading the highly contagious omicron. 

I suspect they might close Teppanyaki and Moderno on other ships too. Much safer too keep everyone at their own tables and make sure dishes come directly from kitchen to specific table. 

i do love both of these restaurants so can understand very well the frustration but IMO those two restaurants are also the most covid risk ones of speciality restaurants for the above reasons: mixing guests to the same tables and preparing foods tableside/going from table to table with the same foods. 

On the Epic they cut it from 8 to 6 passengers at Teppanyaki 

• Like 1

I am so terribly sorry. I've heard so many similar complaints from across various cruise lines. People say "Hey, at least we get to cruise" but that's not really the point and it's certainly not what someone wants to hear when they are venting. 

On the plus side, you've extended your legacy a bit... I now intend to work, "Well, that really gripes my cookies" into my vernacular. And given that I run a website on which I write a variety of articles, you can bet I'll introduce it to all sorts of new people. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lou33 said:

As of today it looks like every NCL ship that carries passengers is in the Yellow category.  The only exceptions are few ships with crew only, that are Orange or Green.  Same with other cruise lines.  There are only four ships across the whole cruise industry within CDC guidance that are carrying passengers and in the Green category.  

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Have you actually read HOW a ship can get the yellow category?  A single crew infection (yes, ONE) will trigger a ship to go yellow, as will 0.1% of passengers testing as positive which is 7 cases among 6500 passengers.  Those numbers are SUPER easy to reach when you consider most ships are sailing with way fewer than 6500 passengers, but I wouldn't call them 'outbreaks' as some others have.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, beerman2 said:

From reading these boards not many pax are happy right now with many cruise lines.

No they aren't and I think many that can cancel are doing so as it's almost impossible to get through to them on phone from what I've read

I am on the pride of America in February in a suite. I got the letter with the cuts in service. I HATE buffets! We’re in a suite -first time- and expected luxury- buffets and lines are not luxury. Our friends are also in a suite. In the past suites had separate dining for breakfast and lunch. Told they won’t have it on this cruise. Not happy- can’t cancel- fully paid. Can cancel for COVID but then a fcc. Not sure what we will do. Not happy about the changes. 

13 minutes ago, checkitallout said:

In the past suites had separate dining for breakfast and lunch. Told they won’t have it on this cruise. 

Oh wow that truly sucks. I would in your situation arrange room service breakfast through your butler for each and every morning. Those poor butlers. They are going to be so overworked. 

21 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Please keep an eye out on Hawaii possibly changing the definition of “fully vaccinated”.  Carnival just sent out an email for the Miracle sailing warning people that Hawaii may require a booster and to get the booster now to be considered fully vaccinated in case Hawaii change their mind for the 1/14 sailing.  The plus side is Carnival is offering free cancellation until mid January so at least it gives people an option.

Maui just changed their definition of fully vaccinated. Now to be fully vaccinated you must have had the booster.

Keep an eye out for possible NCL updating the cancellation policy.  Someone posted on the board that they received a response about getting FCC but with very few details.  I also been refreshing the cancellation policy on NCL and have not seen it change … YET! 

• Like 2