Celebrity VISA Credit Card/OBC

holech

I've transferred my credit card points to OBC for an upcoming cruise.  if I cancel my cruise (I'm getting more concerned with Covid) will they return the points to my account on my Celebrity VISA credit card so I can use the points or do I lose those points?

Our latest experience from a 2020 cruise cancelled  the points were not returned to the credit card but we were able to have them applied to another cruise. Just keep all your paperwork and call celebrity when you have a new cruise booked.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

We had a very frustrating experience with Credit card points that had been added to pay for a cancelled cruise for May 2020.   We received FCC for the cruise 125% which looked fine to us however when we tried to use the FCC on a cruise Celebrity had reduced the amount of the voucher by the amount of the CC points.  It took several emails and phone calls (hours on hold) to travel agents, Celebrity and the credit card people to locate where the $500 had gone.  Celebrity was calling it a coupon and not useable. Apparently, it was somewhere in cyberspace.  2 weeks and we finally got it located and applied to the cruise.

Second time we tried to use Celebrity Credit Card points was in Nov on the Apex.  After 3 days and it hadn't showed on our ship account we waited in line at guest services while they made 2 phone calls and waited on hold.  We got our OBC.  He told us what helped is that I had the receipt for the initial transaction.  Lesson:  Always keep the paperwork with you!