New Miami Terminal Questions

Sand and Seas

We are scheduled for covid testing at 9:30am at the new POM NCL terminal.  

1- Will they allow us into the terminal & through luggage screening that early?  (Or are we stuck outside for an hour or two?)

2-  Does the new POM terminal have soda machine and/or snack bar?

(Bonus points if you know if they have Coke products😉)

Our check-in time was 9:30.  We got there at 9:30, and they let us go through the terminal once we finished COVID screening.  I don't remember seeing vending machines, only water stations and disposable cups, but I may have missed something.

• Thanks 1

Sailing on the Getaway on Jan 5.  Are all NCL ships sailing from Terminal 1? Is the testing area located near the boarding section of the  terminal?  Planning on bringing luggage to testing and then checking it after the all clear.  Where should we have the Uber/Lyft drop us off?

4 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

I think I messed up. I read somewhere on here that we should check in early to get the 9am slot. But it sounds like that would be pointless for us (no status) and we will just be waiting around for hours until boarding starts. Should I change the time to 11:00? 

from what i have read, seems testing and all that before being let into the terminal is around an hour maybe. For our 1/19 cruise we chose 10:30 with hopes of not having to sit in the terminal before boarding for too long as that's the part that drives me crazy lol. 

OP here..... Still wondering if someone knows if there is a soft drink machine inside the terminal.  The old terminal had a couple.    It was nice to carry a couple of bottled soft drinks onto the ship, too!

(We were in the group held up in the New Orleans terminal for 5 or 6 hours waiting for CDC to clear the ship to sail.  The Diet Coke machine along with two cookies from NCL replaced our usual boarding day lunch😒   It was a long tine from light breakfast to dinner at Cagney's that night)

Does anyone know if there is Wi-Fi in the terminal? We’re one of the early testers and we are anticipating delays because flexibility is important. Might as well get paid while I wait to go on vacation 😆

35 minutes ago, omyjamie said:

Does anyone know if there is Wi-Fi in the terminal?

I boarded the Getaway on 12/27.  I was able to connect to the port Wi-Fi while waiting for my test results, which proved to be nice because I got my results through the CVS app before they announced my time group could go.  

Once I was checked in and waiting in the terminal, that Wi-Fi did not work even though it showed I was connected.  I could not connect to the ship's Wi-Fi in the terminal.  I also had really terrible cell service (Mint/T-Mobile) in the terminal.  

They did not start boarding until right around Noon.

As wally4ever said in post #4, all I saw were the water stations.  I don't believe there were any vending machines for food or drinks.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, missnd said:

Once I was checked in and waiting in the terminal, that Wi-Fi did not work even though it showed I was connected.  I could not connect to the ship's Wi-Fi in the terminal.  I also had really terrible cell service (Mint/T-Mobile) in the terminal.  

Oh dang, thats a bummer! 😞 I have T-mobile too. Oh well. Thanks for responding!!

I have a question - there are 3 of us and not sure what happened but we all have different testing times.  Since we are all together, do you think they will let us get tested together?  I suppose I could go in and change all the times to the same late time.  It's so weird because I was early doing the check in on 1/1 but it doesn't show accepted until 1/3 and I have an 11 AM testing time.  So we have a 10-10:30 for 1, a 10:30-11 for another and I'm at 11-11:30.  Goofy.