Mask through Jan 31st?

CrzN4Info

Seriously, I'm confused at everyone's love of masking because just a few months ago NCL had a "no mask required" policy and it was great!  I didn't see anyone refusing to travel on NCL because of no masks.  If the rules say to wear a mask, then I'll do so.  But I would prefer to return to the bare-faced policy from just a couple of months ago.

Now, we've got folks saying they hope we are ALWAYS required to wear masks. That's just weird.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Seriously, I'm confused at everyone's love of masking because just a few months ago NCL had a "no mask required" policy and it was great!  I didn't see anyone refusing to travel on NCL because of no masks.  If the rules say to wear a mask, then I'll do so.  But I would prefer to return to the bare-faced policy from just a couple of months ago.

Now, we've got folks saying they hope we are ALWAYS required to wear masks. That's just weird.

Have no idea where you are getting these (very) anecdotal citations of "fact."

How would you possibly know that no one was refusing to travel on NCL because of no masks.  

No one?  C'mon.  Just read the comments here.  I, for one, would not sail any line if they dropped the mask requirement in the immediate future. 

And now people are saying they hope we are ALWAYS required to wear masks?  Seen a single person say that they hope they mask requirements are continued.  If like us, we would like to see them continued only until the virus is under control, which it clearly is not today.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coffeebean said:

The crew is 100% compliant when around passengers and they do wear their masks properly. I only have one NCL and one Royal cruise to go by and both lines make sure their crew is masked up properly when interacting with guests.

I think I understand now. What you initially meant to say was that crews are 100% compliant when around passengers. That is much more realistic than your initial claim there is "100% compliance with crew wearing their masks correctly".

95% effectiveness is as good as we are going to get and I honestly think that is good enough. All crew is vaccinated and hopefully they are being boosted as we speak. How much more protection are we to demand for them?

I still don't understand this claim. The purpose of mask wearing and NCL's strict policy of 100% vaccination onboard its ships is to slow the spread and keep ships sailing. Yet  NCL turned around the Pearl mid cruise, cancelled the getaway, and postponed 6 other ship. What about that is "working"??

Are you saying all passengers must mask up with N95 masks every minute of every day when interacting with the crew? That isn't going to happen, especially when passengers are seated indoors or outdoors for dining and drinking without masks on.

LOL.. absolutely not. What I'm saying is that mask policies and vaccine policies are not working to slow the spread of covid onboard cruise ships. This is a virus. We have little control. If the goal is to keep the industry sailing, the only way to reduce covid cases onboard is to stop excessive testing. As I see it, cruises are at a great disadvantage because they are not being held to the same standards as it's competition in other travel sectors. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

How would you possibly know that no one was refusing to travel on NCL because of no masks.

Because I didn't see anyone on this forum whining about a 100% vaccinated, unmasked ship when NCL resumed cruising.

Some folks are never happy. If you want to wear a mask when there is no requirement you are free to do so.

Relax. Covid's not even a big deal if you're vaxxed.

Edited by craig01020
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Because I know things.

OK, that's fair.

Or not.

But having talked to lots of pax on the 3 cruises we've done since November, we had discussions with quite a few that would NOT have sailed had the mask requirements not been in place.  Of course understandably there are also those who would not sail with a mask requirement, but thankfully, they were not on any of those sailings.

And unlike the last month, (where there was changes in mask mandate) there were absolutely no positive cases in those 40 days.

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

How do you know the total was zero? Being green on the CDC list does not mean no one onboard had covid. 

Oh, for heavens sake, I was on every one of those sailings.  No need for CDC lists.

And all pax were tested frequently.  We were tested 3 times on Quest, 3 times on Getaway 1st sailing.  3 times on Getaway 2nd sailing.

All pax and crew negative.

Once again, 0 in 40 total days.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 1

I don't even get this entire argument. It really is up to the individuals feelings on risk whether to go on the cruise or not. Last Thursday I went into NYC for a play. Had to mask on the train, had to mask in the theater, the bar was closed in the theater etc. After the play we had an hour to kill before our train home. We popped into a bar, it was packed, had to mask walking in and then you could take it off. Nobody was masked. Saturday I went to local bar to see a band here in Connecticut. No mask requirement, place was packed,, bar was full, people dancing, no masks anywhere. I'm vaccinated, boosted, I'm willing to take the risk. Seems to me a cruise ship where everyone is vaccinated and tests negative to board is safer than those crowded bars back home. Wearing a mask on board is fine with me if that's what it takes to keep sailing. Again it's up to the individual, arguing on here accomplishes nothing. Don't want to take a risk - don't cruise - easy.

• Like 1