Canceled 1/15 Joy Cruise, Rebooked later this year

Martha_74

I am sad to say I have cancelled and I felt the risks of the traveling on the airlines both from a crowding aspect and canceled flights aspect, the testing and checkin process at the port, the new policies  on the ship which is not condusive to social interaction , and the risk of getting stranded for weeks away from my home due to quarantine are too much to gamble with right now.  For myself.  Not even to mention missed cruise ports and canceled entertainment.  It is not the cruise I paid for when I booked this months and months ago.  This is my fourth attempt at scheduling a cruise in the past two years.  I had hoped to enjoy getting to meet fellow cruisers and fully explore the ship and the ports. 

I have rescheduled for September 2022 and have my FCC in process to cover the new trip.  I wish all of you willing to go the best of luck and a fantastic voyage.

• Like 3

I cancelled our May 2022 cruise with another line. Im just not comfortable with the way they are handling the situation. I may also cancel our Europe cruise & land based vacation for August 2022. 

However, just came back from an NCL cruise Dec 12 2021 and had a fabulous time. Everything was well executed and felt extremely safe.

I may rebook the Alaska cruise with NCL once I see how things are going in a couple of months.  Heck you never know, we may have better prices; better opportunity to get into ports & entertainment etc. 

Everything happens for a reason.  We have to do what is comfortable for us.  

• Like 1

I have no intention of giving up cruising, I have waited two years, I can wait a bit longer when its right for me.  I have one booked in July, one in September and one in December.  I will not give up!  Thanks

Edited by Martha_74
  • Like 2

We are on the Joy the week following and have had the same discussions. Part of me wants to cancel, but other part of me thinks the ship is going to be less full now which may make it more enjoyable. We may still cancel flight and drive though to avoid that mess. 

• Like 2

Hi Martha_74,

Smart move!  I have cancelled two previous cruises over the last two years and have my hopes on my September 06, 2022 cruise on the Joy.

It's too much of a hassle going now especially living in Canada with flights, tests and re-entry  rules. I miss going on cruises, I miss doing lots of things during this Covid time but being safe is the most important thing.

Let's keep hoping that by Sept. things will be normal.  Do you remember what that was like?

Take care and stay safe.

happytotravel

• Like 1

I hope by September all this will be gone and we can look forward to the way it was before!  I am booked on another cruise line for a Baltic cruise in July and hope it gets to happen!  I am so eager to cruise again.  But with the travel difficulties and high possibility of infection now, I just couldn't take chances like that.  The best plan is to stay safe and keep a small circle of contacts until this virus dies out and vaccination rates increase!