Just Off the Jan. 2 to 9th Rotterdam

Suncoastsailors

We are just now home from one week on the Rotterdam. We were able to make all of our rescheduled port. Although we were late into Half Moon Cay because of some new Covid restrictions. Although we were not informed of any Covid outbreak on the ship, I did see a team of crew dressed in HazMat suites later in the week. I suspect like all recent cruises we had our share of infections. Passengers were pretty good with mask wearing except when they were at the lounges sitting. As for a quick review of my experience. In my opinion the food and service were excellent. The Billboard was great. The band at Rolling Stone was probably the best I have seen on a cruise ship. We did not attend any of the shows in the main theatre since we have seen them all recently. The Lincoln Center group was very good and the BB King band was good . The ship is new and very nice. Comedian named Hall was not great but worth watching. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

I was supposed to be on the 1/2/22 sailing of the Rotterdam, but switched it to the 3/20/22 sailing on the Rotterdam due to my husband having surgery recently.  Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!!  Do you know what the capacity of the ship was for passengers?

Thanks for posting.  My wife and I are booked on Rotterdam’s Feb 20th sailing.  I understand that there’s a lot of concern out there, but it seems to me they may a cruise managed HAL’s way is demonstrably safer than a land based vacation.  So we’re fully committed, at least for now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I was supposed to be on the 1/2/22 sailing of the Rotterdam, but switched it to the 3/20/22 sailing on the Rotterdam due to my husband having surgery recently.  Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!!  Do you know what the capacity of the ship was for passengers?

I was also on this sailing and I believe they announced 1,103 passengers. I’ll post a review later on this week. Hope you have a good cruise in March. She is a beautiful ship. 

Edited by Bostonjetset

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Not sure what you are asking. We were at approx. 50% capacity. The ships seemed empty most of the time.

Edited by Suncoastsailors