Cancel a Blue Chip cruise

flifish64

2 hours ago, flifish64 said:

Has anyone cancelled a free blue chip club cruise?

Was there any penalty for the cancellation?

Did they refund your taxes?

Thank you

Carol

No, but I've asked and was told no penalty, etc. Since it's just port fees/taxes I'm pretty sure they have to refund those.

Not sure if there is any cut off date? 

I've called and moved cruises/dates, though that will depend on your specific deal. 

We never pay gratuities up front as less to refund and deal with if we need to cancel. 

I'd give them a call to verify. They've been pretty flexible. 

2 hours ago, Islandhop9 said:

No, but I've asked and was told no penalty, etc. Since it's just port fees/taxes I'm pretty sure they have to refund those.

Not sure if there is any cut off date? 

I've called and moved cruises/dates, though that will depend on your specific deal. 

We never pay gratuities up front as less to refund and deal with if we need to cancel. 

I'd give them a call to verify. They've been pretty flexible. 

Thanks 

I sent a couple of emails no answer

tried to call held for 15 min and then hung up

will try the phone again

We had a Blue Chip cruise for Edge this weekend and asked to push it to February 13.  The only extra charge was for a price increase for flight(maybe $300 for two people) but considering our cruise was $-free and we requested the change I was okay with the increased flight charge consideirng how close to flight timr. Any purchases for drink upgrade and specialty dining were just moved to new cruise date.

I am now thinking of trying to move our February 13 to a later date and hope I get the same deal.

Any new info one might have, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

We just moved our BCC cruise from Jan.19th to Feb 7th without issue.  Well...it took 3 phone calls waiting an average of 40 minutes each time - there is that issue!  Our fees went up $98 for extra ports but that was it.  I was told at booking if we cancelled we would get it back 100%.  We did have shore excursions and a drink package booked that were immediately cancelled and the refund has yet to hit our credit card almost 10 days later.  I am told it can take up to 2 billing cycles.  

Finally got through on the phone to BCC.  I was able to cancel and they are refunding both the prepaid tips and port fees that I had paid.  No cancellation fees.  Other than the long hold times service was great.  carol

• Like 1