Capacity on the Allure of the Seas 01/16/22 Sailing

This is not a "the sky is falling" post just an observation and an ask for honest, civil and direct feedback on the subject. 

Based on the fact there were 4 other RCCL cruises cancelled for January and February it led to those passengers rebooking on our sailing along with RCCL accepting new reservations.  And now, we're just a little concerned regarding the number of fellow cruisers! 

No commentary please just answer the question as to what is our capacity if you know it; or how we can find out based on a known verifiable data source. 

Having the same concerns myself, I was booked on this sailing ahead of the cancellations but have read many posts of people jumping onboard it is making me nervous.

I doubt anyone other than Royal Caribbean themselves can answer this question.  Given the troubles on some ships right now you would have hoped they would have held capacity to under 50% but money is money 💰 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oceanlibra said:

And now, we're just a little concerned regarding the number of fellow cruisers! 

New bookings could come from any source, including some from cancelled cruises. RCI is very unlikely to tell you what their capacity limit is - they won’t know how many will sail till they sail away. If you are concerned about capacity, you can cancel for a full refund.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, okieinFL said:

I have read where the current Allure of the Seas sailing is at about 2k people on board.

I think when the cancelations happened it was to late for people to book the Allure cruise that is currently sailing. I'm thinking the 16th will have a higher passenger count. I'm on the 16th and the 22nd cruise and I'm also concerned seeing what they allowed during the holidays.

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think when the cancelations happened it was to late for people to book the Allure cruise that is currently sailing. I'm thinking the 16th will have a higher passenger count. I'm on the 16th and the 22nd cruise and I'm also concerned seeing what they allowed during the holidays.

If anyone is onboard it might be possible to get a rough estimate from staff. On our November sailing our waiter mentioned that the following cruise (Thanksgiving cruise) was going to be going from 560 guests to over 1500 (on a 2000 capacity ship) and that they were short staffed in the dining room (for those numbers). It may be known internally even roughly - hopefully someone can ask the people in the know.

I know when our sailing was canceled I tried to book Allure for the same time period and it was closed for bookings... The FB group for that sailing is thinking their cruise will be canceled because so many people are canceleing. 
My guess is whenever they hit their % capacity, they will shutdown new bookings 

2 hours ago, MillyBean said:

FWIW, I sent an email to the suite concierge and they responded with "3100" anticipated passengers for the 1/16 sailing. 

Well that is a few more than I was hoping for, but about what I expected with last week’s cancellations.  Booked a dining package so we can avoid the MDR.

• Like 1