Bliss disembarkation

kenzie

What is the latest time to disembark the ship, does anyone have details of NCL transfers, times and cost to LAX, we have an international flight at 4.40pm and rather stay as late as possible on the ship. Not sure whether to book a private transfer or NCL. Haven’t booked the second leg of the B2b we intend to take in Feb so not sure if we will be in Haven or not but that’s our intention. 

Usually the latest you can stay on the ship is 9:30 or 10 AM.  Transfers are detailed on the ship on the last night (you get a letter in your room, based on when your flight is, you would be one of the last ones off).  You're going to be having lunch at the airport, unless you grab a rental or an Uber and go somewhere.  I did that in 2019 since I had an 11 PM flight, I rented a car and went to the Santa Monica Pier and Griffith Observatory.

It'll take 60-90 minutes to get to the airport depending on traffic, and you have to get halfway around the "ring" (stopping at other terminals for other passengers to go to their flights) to get to the Bradley terminal.

a contrary opinion...

i would recommend getting off the ship as EARLY as possible and heading to the airport and buying a one-time pass to your airline's lounge (generally around $40 to $50 per person). getting there early will allow you to maximize your stay (value for money). and, you're generally not going to be allowed to stay on the ship past 10 AM at the latest.

you can stay in the lounge till your flight is called and they will likely be serving breakfast and lunch. this could be a rather extensive array of food. there will also be a bar, although there may be a charge for some drinks. there will also be comfy chairs, free wifi and agents to assist you in case of a delay. and you may even be able to take a shower if you'd like to be all fresh and squeaky clean for the flight.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kenzie said:

What is the latest time to disembark the ship, does anyone have details of NCL transfers, times and cost to LAX, we have an international flight at 4.40pm and rather stay as late as possible on the ship. Not sure whether to book a private transfer or NCL. Haven’t booked the second leg of the B2b we intend to take in Feb so not sure if we will be in Haven or not but that’s our intention. 

The transfers start around 8:30 and cost $25.  The last disembarkation, if I recall correctly, is around 9:30.  

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

a contrary opinion...

i would recommend getting off the ship as EARLY as possible and heading to the airport and buying a one-time pass to your airline's lounge (generally around $40 to $50 per person).

In theory, I agree wholeheartedly with this approach.  Just check beforehand that it's an available option in your departure terminal and the cost.  Some lounges don't offer day passes and, if you have to go to a different terminal that's a pain.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1