Trieste Port - NCL new Port for Venice - Accommodation recommendations

GOTTODOIT

Interesting choice by NCL.  Sorry I can't offer a recommendation but Trieste is an interesting city with quite a history.

In terms of areas I would look at the centro storico, the area between the cattedrale and the waterfront.  That will place you fairly close to the train station (about a mile) as well as the port.

Are they offering a longer port day?  If passengers really want to get to Venice it will take two hours by train, each way.  

Edited by euro cruiser

57 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Interesting choice by NCL.  Sorry I can't offer a recommendation but Trieste is an interesting city with quite a history.

In terms of areas I would look at the centro storico, the area between the cattedrale and the waterfront.  That will place you fairly close to the train station (about a mile) as well as the port.

Are they offering a longer port day?  If passengers really want to get to Venice it will take two hours by train, each way.  

Trieste is the port for embarkation and disembarkation,  the home port instead of Venice.

No vessels over 25,000 ton will be able to dock in Venice.

We arrive at venice airport so we will take the train to Trieste the day before departing.