Unvaccinated Kids on 5 day or longer cruise

87turboii

We have done a 4 night cruise with our unvaccinated kids and we took the two covid test prior without a problem.

We are considering a 7 night cruise and I am wondering how the mid cruise test is done and handled on sailings that are 5 days or more. The rules say that a mid cruise test will be done. Anybody cruise recently that could tell me how it was handled. Thank you

When we sailed in August on a 7 day cruise, they gave us a specified time and location on day 6 (I believe) to get a test. It was quick and easy, although that may be because of the limited occupancy at the time. We didn't have to wait for the results.

10 minutes ago, 87turboii said:

I wonder why they do it so late in the cruise. By then if they test positive its too late, they are getting off the next day.

If they tested everyone every 48 hours to truly identify all of the infected individuals than a quarter of the ship might get quarantined. They won't test more than they have to.

3 hours ago, 87turboii said:

I wonder why they do it so late in the cruise. By then if they test positive its too late, they are getting off the next day.

exactly... Last week our TA told us to NOT take the rapid PCR test only the Antigen test. The rapid PCR will pick up what will be missed by the Antigen test.

Edited by taglovestocruise