Ravenna Port to Venice Airport VCE - Realistic Flight Time

fordpickup

I'm struggling a bit to figure out what a realistic flight time out of VCE would be when arrival in Ravenna is 5:00 AM (knowing it's not actually 5:00 AM). I have an option at 11:20 AM and I'm concerned it's going to be too tight. Has anyone cruised into Ravenna? What was the experience disembarking?

• Like 1

Following.... we got bounced from the Inifinity (July 2nd), and we were able to book the Constellation which arrives in Ravenna. Depending on the answer, we might plan for a stay in Venice. So if anyone has been to Ravenna as a final stop, what is the best mode of tranport to the airport or Venice city?

I ended up chickening out; I booked a flight for the day after. Google is saying the drive time can be anywhere between 2 and (almost) 3 hours. If the ship gets in at 5 and maybe clears customs in an hour we could do it, but that assumes everything goes fine. I'm still hoping to find out more if anyone has information.

2 hours ago, bubbapk1 said:

Following.... we got bounced from the Inifinity (July 2nd), and we were able to book the Constellation which arrives in Ravenna. Depending on the answer, we might plan for a stay in Venice. So if anyone has been to Ravenna as a final stop, what is the best mode of tranport to the airport or Venice city?

We're going on the Connie 10 day in Aug. Are you on that one?

I was due to go on Infinity on 16 July from Ravenna. I booked flights to Bologna as it was closer to Ravenna. Sadly this cruise is no longer going as Infinity has been moved to the caribbean and all cruises in Europe cancelled

15 hours ago, fordpickup said:

I ended up chickening out; I booked a flight for the day after. Google is saying the drive time can be anywhere between 2 and (almost) 3 hours. If the ship gets in at 5 and maybe clears customs in an hour we could do it, but that assumes everything goes fine. I'm still hoping to find out more if anyone has information.

We're going on the Connie 10 day in Aug. Are you on that one?

Nno, we shifted to the Constellation on July 2... same day as orginally planned, I will just a few extra days in Venice.... darn the luck :)

We did a bus shuttle Venice to the airport three different times.  That shuttle took anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.  Morning and evening rush hours slow M-F.  We drove twice from Ravenna to Venice at the train/Bus depot.  It took 2 hours the first time and closer to six the second - there was an accident (driving in Italy is crazy).

On both Venice cruises we spent 2 nights in the city. There are several B&Bs near the bus/train station in Venice.  We really enjoyed seeing Venice.  Both times wanted another day.

If we were to have a cruise ending in Ravenna would take a train to Venice.  Two or three nights in Venice and either a bus or vaparetto boat to the airport.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fordpickup said:

realistic flight time out of VCE would be when arrival in Ravenna is 5:00 AM 

Try a mock booking of Celebrity Air for your cruise.  They do not offer flights unless the transfers can be made.