St Lucia…4x4 waterfall and beach adventure or coastal cruise to the Pitons?

Jacob Cavalier

If you're allowed to do your own thing on St. Lucia these days, we highly recommend https://www.cosol-tours.com/.  It was a blast both times we did it... the tour vans were clean and comfortable and the tour guides were friendly and informative.  It was was fun, whirlwind tour (around 5-6 hours_ that included just about everything the individual lesser tours do, and it included drinks & snacks.  We liked our tour guide Baptiste so much the first time we did it, we specifically requested being on his tour the next year as well.

• Like 1

Reporting back from our Celebrity tour West Side Treasures by Catamaran. We switched to this one based on reviews/information and I'm glad we did. We caught the catamaran right at the dock (no bus). Our Pigeon Island stop included a choice to hike to the top or spend time on the beach. We wore our water shoes and had no problem hiking to the top in them. (OK, I was a bit out of breath.) Beautiful view!

We had a great time. The timing of photos for the Pitons could have been better. By the time we got there, the lighting wasn't terrific, but what a view!

I'm including a photo of the catamaran so that you can get an idea of size. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, scrapcreator said:

Reporting back from our Celebrity tour West Side Treasures by Catamaran. We switched to this one based on reviews/information and I'm glad we did. We caught the catamaran right at the dock (no bus). Our Pigeon Island stop included a choice to hike to the top or spend time on the beach. We wore our water shoes and had no problem hiking to the top in them. (OK, I was a bit out of breath.) Beautiful view!

We had a great time. The timing of photos for the Pitons could have been better. By the time we got there, the lighting wasn't terrific, but what a view!

I'm including a photo of the catamaran so that you can get an idea of size. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

Thank you for sharing! 

I read one group say NOT to take this tour and their group wanted to go back early?  They never answered why. 

We have this booked and are excited to see the Pitons from the sea!  (and top of the hike maybe?)  If you can share anymore details about this specific tour that would be comforting and much appreciated!!! 

Also, which other tours did you do on your ports if I can inquire?  THANKS

On 2/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, MamaChach said:

Also, which other tours did you do on your ports if I can inquire? 

Sint Maarten: America’s Cup Sailing(Celebrity) Fabulous fun! Highly recommend. We were primary grinders on the US Stars and Stripes along with another couple.

Saint Lucia: West Side Treasures by Catamaran (Celebrity).  A water view of the Pitons was our primary reason for booking this.We enjoyed this one as well. Hiked up to the top of Pigeon Island (some enjoyed the beach instead)

Barbados: Tiami Five Star Catamaran and Turtles. A good experience with several swimming and photo opportunities. The turtles were not plentiful, but we did see a couple, a manta, lots of fish and a shipwreck.

Antigua: Scenic Antigua and Beach(Celebrity) Nelson’s Dockyard is a long drive from the port! Valley Church Beach was crowded with a steep beach. I would recommend booking your own private tour here just because of what (who) we dealt with on this tour. We had no control over a fellow passenger who was unpleasant, rude to the driver, tour guide and fellow passengers, and refused to follow protocols.

St Kitts: A private/small group tour with Thenford Grey. I highly recommend this man and his island tour!  

The second photo is not from Pigeon Island.

BD6F41FE-60EF-4395-A600-2396A1535D30.jpeg

3211860A-15A1-421E-AC17-FE1C25179876.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 6:36 AM, Jacob Cavalier said:

We have booked the Celebrity 4x4 trip . Liked the sound of it and doing something on land as we have catamaran trips booked on other islands.A lot of people very enthusiastic about the cruise to the Pitons however and it’s just been added. Which would you pick and why?

If you have done the Piton cruise I would choose the 4x4...JMO.  We have done the Pitons twice, and the first time was great, the second just a good sail.  Depends what you like to do.