Best Sites for Hotel Deals

bigrednole

We are 75 days out from sailing, ~30-35 days until we get the flight information. At that point we will be able to start looking at hotels. If we get in early enough we want to be near Bourbon Street, Superdome, or port areas. If our flights arrive late (say after 9PM), we will just stay near MSY. Right now, the hotel prices are extremely high. I have noticed that they get a little lower the closer it gets. 

For those that cruise or are in NOLA often, what sites offer the best rates for hotels?

• 1 month later...

Due to the outrageous prices for hotels within the Port/Bourbon St/Mid City areas, I opted for an AirBnB. Two nights at the AirBnB, plus parking at the port, still was more cost efficient then staying at an area hotel. Even if the hotel included parking and a shuttle to and from the port. 
I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, CoachTZ said:

Due to the outrageous prices for hotels within the Port/Bourbon St/Mid City areas, I opted for an AirBnB. Two nights at the AirBnB, plus parking at the port, still was more cost efficient then staying at an area hotel. Even if the hotel included parking and a shuttle to and from the port. 
I hope this helps. 

There is just something insane for our weekend. Rates are about Mardi Gras weekend. I am glad I booked when I did for $300. Rooms are now $500+ near the FQ/Downtown etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

Our cruise isn't until October but I've been watching prices for a while. We wanted to find something in the French Quarter and I wanted something that had that old NOLA charm and character - not your cookie cutter Hampton Inn! 

You can find some good deals on Hotwire using their HotDeals. It's pretty easy to figure out what most of the hotels are by comparing the number of reviews or comparing photos. Sometimes they even tell you it will be one of three specific hotels. 

But we actually ended up booking a Priceline PriceBreaker deal. Using that, you can specify a certain area or certain amenities that you want and Priceline will then show you three options that meet that criteria along with a guaranteed price. For that price, you are guaranteed to get one of those three properties but you won't know which one until you book. The other cool thing with the Pricebreaker is that you can somewhat manipulate the three options. It gives you the option to replace one of the properties. You can do this multiple times until you get three properties that all are desirable to you. When I did it, two of the three options were Bienville House Hotel and Bourbon Orleans. I was able to keep replacing the third option until it showed Hotel Monteleone. At that point, I would have been fine with any of the three options at the listed price of $281. So we went for it. I was 95% sure we were going to get Bienville, and we did....but we're totally happy with it! Location is good - Monteleone is nearby so we can spend some time at the Carousel Bar and we're just off Bourbon. Should be walkable to restaurants and bars and things to do. So it worked out well for us! 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:34 AM, bigrednole said:

For those that cruise or are in NOLA often, what sites offer the best rates for hotels?

There is an app called Hotel Tonight that works really well-- except for it only saves you a bunch of money on same day bookings. If you are ok with doing that you can stay in some nice places for a significant discount.

I use it frequently for work travel where it doesn't really matter where I end up staying or if the need for a room comes up last minute. But I have rolled the dice before with something like this and it worked out well-- just comes down to your level of comfort with that. I wouldn't try this around any sort of events happening in the city. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:34 AM, bigrednole said:

We are 75 days out from sailing, ~30-35 days until we get the flight information. At that point we will be able to start looking at hotels. If we get in early enough we want to be near Bourbon Street, Superdome, or port areas. If our flights arrive late (say after 9PM), we will just stay near MSY. Right now, the hotel prices are extremely high. I have noticed that they get a little lower the closer it gets. 

Do you mind staying at B&B? I booked through flipkey.com and found a place near French quarter with good price. 

• Like 1