Know it's hard to lose weight anytime but winter seems harder at times

Holidays and comfort foods are so good, should be a crime

We can do it, weigh in today and plan food ahead is the best

Do it each day and see if it helps, make it a test

Good Luck today and hope you have a loss, no gains will make you smile

After you weigh, either inside or outside you can walk a mile

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice to have you back & starting the thread with words of wisdom.

I guess my New Orleans cruises are both western, going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, etc.

I'm so disappointed that I'm up 0.8 lbs, wonder how that happened!! I hate starting off my cruises being almost as high as I ended my last!

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hello Jo, sorry about small gain--You can get it off.

So, you're doing a b2b? I love them. How long are the cruises? Know you said

you were 3 days in New Orleans. I forgot are you going solo.

I am happy I stayed the same, haven't eaten as well as I should of

after the cruise. Sometimes I think I eat less on a cruise (even when eating more)

then I do at home. Does that make sense?  Snack more at home, I think which makes

more calories.  Plus, not walking like on a ship.

Where's everybody today. Miss "seeing" your smiling😊 faces.

Come out from wherever you are and come in here. It's a rule on Thursdays!

Wishing everyone good days now and the weekend. Know your thought of. Take care.

Hi - I forgot to weigh in on Thursday - and today I didn't remember it until 3:00 pm after eating breakfast and lunch.  I did weigh myself and I was the same as last week .... Hopefully that means that next week (Thursday - am) I will have a loss.

Belle - thanks so much for telling us all about your cruise - I enjoyed reading about it.... it makes me feel as if I was able to experience a little of the cruise myself. 

I leave in about 64 day --- I'm so excited.  This cruise is with my brother & sister-in-law.  We are looking forward to spending time with them.  Also my TA will be on this cruise also.  She and I met back in 2006 on my second cruise and she has been my BFF since that time point.  It is amazing to meet people and find that there is an amazing connection.   (Which is why I keep coming back to this thread ... I enjoy the people who post here and really feel as if you are all friends).  Jan

Jan if you weighed after eating and were the same you would have had a little loss

on Thursday.

Glad you like reading about the cruise, was going to say more but computer acted up

and don't remember what I was going to say. I had a good time not doing much, that's

what's good about cruising everyone can do what they want and everyone has different

ways they enjoy their cruises. Notice this time for cruising more people stay on the ship

during port days for safety. They just cruising to cruise and enjoy the ship.

Nice you have a cruise coming up with your brother. Where are you going?

Yes, Jan I think of you as a friend. How many years now?  Like you I think everyone is a friend.

That's why I miss them when they leave. Worry how they are doing. Wish everyone would

come and stay here like "us old-timer's" 😊

Have a good weekend.

sorry for late posting. Still in range  but struggle with 3 pounds that go up and down -  can’t get settled into a regular menu - food doesn’t taste  right.  Even my favorite potatoe dumplings which I found the frozen brand in local Kroger.    

love to hear about  everyones cruises.  Jo what are the dates you will be in New Orleans?

b2b sound fun. Think will do that with Hawaii but  that would be when I have no pets. 

one week until my cruise Had a nightmare about plane ride and lost luggage.  Will relax when get on board ship. 

Everyone take care

Hi all!

Izena ~ I'll be in New Orleans Feb 3 'til the cruise sails on the 6th then back again on the 13th to get on the Carnival ship ending on the 20th. I'm staying that night & flying out on  the 21st so I'll be missing a LOT of February which, like November, is a month I like to skip.

Belle ~ I am going solo. Both the NCL & Carnival cruises are 7 days long.

Jan ~ you probably lost if you weighed after eating 2 meals & were the same as last week.

That'll be so nice sailing with family & your TA. My sister cruised with me once & we both enjoyed it.I've been on 2 cruises with my TA but didn't have that strong a connection.

Have a nice weekend, it's a cold one here but nice & sunny.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Evening

Izena--You're doing good on your weight. You hit goal, now the goal to

to stay around there. Which is hard. You're doing it within the 3 lb range.

Sorry food doesn't taste good to you. You'll have a good time on your

cruise. Are you more nervous because of all the things you signed up to do

on this cruise?

Jo--How do you do the testing when going on 2 different ships for b2b's?.

Before when I different ships for b2b's of course no testing. This time was on same ship for

b2b's, they tested. Will you have to do it in New Orleans?

Few of us do solos. I like them not that I don't enjoy cruising with my daughter or

friend but solo cruises are great! You can do what you want when you want or just do

nothing. Eating, sleeping on your schedule.

Jan--Are you having the terrible weather? Snow, winds ect? Stay safe and warm.

If having it don't drive stay home. Hope you don't have it or just the tail end.

Everyone have a good Sunday. Take care.

Afternoon everyone.  Had a great morning walk.   I’m  normally anxious with any change.  Going to start using Uber to get back and forth from airport —- new to Uber just need to do it - increases my independence. 

once I get to the airport and my gate I relax.     I’m going solo  which isn’t a problem - I’ve lived alone for 30 years .  The shore excursions are all included with the cruise.  I’m not shy.    (Was overly criticized as a child which resulted in self doubts).  

Jo. our dates overlap — I was hoping to drive up to NO  to meet you— maybe another time.   

I cruise — then trip to florida — then   get tummy tuck -  then do Boston Cruise  end of June.  

16 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Izena - where is your Boston cruise going to?  Jan

Jan my Boston cruise leaves Jun 23 —  Boston,  Portland Maine,  Bar Harbor,  Rockland, Camden,  Boothday Harbor,  Gloucester,  Newport RI,  Martha’s Vineyard,  Provincetown,  Boston.   My son and granddaughter are coming with me.  Got a great deal,  basically exchanged it from a 7 day San Juan islands Seattle,  to the 10 day grand New England Last year after the Seattle cruise had been cancelled x3 due to covid.  

Izena - Your cruise sounds lovely - I'm familiar with the Maine towns you will be going to.  They are lovely places to walk around and explore!  I live about 45 miles away from Bar Harbor - If you haven't gone before, Cadillac mountain is a lovely area.   You might want to take a sweater as it can be chilly near the water.  Jan

Good afternoon, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Jan since you didn't answer about your weather, I guess you didn't get

the worse of the storm. Which is good.

Izena yours and Jo's cruises are getting close.   Don't know if Susan or Ombud

are cruising, they haven't been in for a few weeks.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Belle - I've been very ditzy -- thought I replied - but I didn't.  We all hunkered down for the duration - we got a couple of feet (or more).  DH got my car cleaned off today - It was crazy for a little while - had high winds, etc.   When it gets bad out I cook - made comfort food - pot roast, potatoes, green beans, etc.  With it being only the 2 of us we had it for two nights.   (and I wonder why I'm not losing any weight!).

Today it was very pretty - and it is now warmer - (its 22 degrees), which is much better than on Saturday.

I just got a notice that my flights have changed for my April cruise - I wish the airlines could get their act together - I guess I will have to cancel those flights (Bangor to LGA to Boston to JFK and then to Baltimore) ... that isn't even logical.  We could drive it faster!

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

Jan I agree with crazy airlines.   I dread having to make connections ( I need several hours between to allow for delays and trekking through the airport.).   Luckily most of my flights are direct flights.  Bur nowadays fo cruises I go a day early  to prevent panic attack.    

Belle so nice to have you back.  I miss your commentaries.    

I  decided to check water temps for sea of Cortes —  66F guess no snorkeling  even with wet suit.  Now have more room in small suitcase.  I’m a light packer.  

today high in 70,s  Friday will start with 28 .. no need for covid.   The drastic temperature changes are a health challenge LOL. 

Good afternoon, Jan, Izena and whoever is reading.

Jan--

I'm glad you're alright even thro you got a lot of snow. Yes, pot roast and

and fixing are best on cold days. 22 is cold. We got down in the 30's but

by afternoon 50's to low 60's. Going to have high winds the next few days.

Three flights are terrible to get there, two is bad enough.  That's why I don't want

to fly right now. Changing flights and cancelling them.  Worry about my daughter

flying to meet me on cruise.

Izena thank you.

Wishing your flights go smoothly. Sorry you won't be able to go snorkeling on

your cruise. Glad you still a lot of other things to do. You're a light packer, wish

I was. Never been but I'm the one everyone came to if they needed something because

I probably had it!  Wish it was the 70's here been cold ever since coming back from the cruises.

I need to get busy, just been so lazy being home. That's what you get with everyone doing things 

for you on long cruises.  Think I might make some vegetable soup, been eating too much to.

Lazy and eating too much doesn't go together for having weight loss.

Take care, stay safe.

Hi all!

Izena ~ oh that would have been nice to meet you had it worked out.

Have a great cruise!

Belle ~ I bought some tests that you have to do with somebody watching, 2 of the one kind & 1 PCR for the return home. I know where there's a testing place by the NO airport if I need one.

Jan ~ my New Orleans flights have been changed about 3 or 4 times now & from non stop I have 1 stops, 1 in Chicago on Thursday when the weather won't be good. First I have to get out of Toronto as the weather forecast for there isn't great either! I'm going on Go Jet I think it's called, I've never heard of it but it seems to be a United subsidiary.

Luckily I'm going 3 days in advance so shouldn't miss the cruise, I hope.

Have a good week & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Jan great you have extra time in case there are horrible connections.  You are going to have a great time.  

Covid test this morning - waiting for results.  When test finished car wouldn’t start (2005 Honda).  Great people behind me were able to push me out of the way - within a hour I was at mechanic — battery replaced and. Oil  changed currently having problems resetting warning lights.  Oh well, I only pay repairs son covers insurance it’s their car  stored at my house.  

it is 70 degrees today - expect front tomorrow - Friday morning will awake to 29 degrees .   

Afternoon all.

Jo-- Glad got the test that someone has to look, that's what they want.

I need to order mine and daughters. You still need one to get back to

Canada. The ship does that one for you.

Air flying when the weather isn't good it's better to get in days earlier.

My daughter made her flight reservation, Hope it goes smoothly.

Izena--sure your test is fine. You hear today? Sorry about the car. Hope can fix the

warning lights. Why does it seem something always goes wrong before or after a vacation?

I remember one time our fridge went out before we left on one. Came back from

the last one, car battery dead. Only needed a charge not a new one which was nice.

Still lazy, can't get with it. Have been busy with some paperwork and phone calls.

Didn't make the soup yet. Better get to it don't want veggies to spoil.

Have a good evening you two.