Shipwreck snorkel or Infinity Resort snorkeling?? HELP

Motorcycle Gma

I'm sailing in just 8 days and can't decide what to do in Roatan.  There are THREE ships in Roatan that day, so I might be too late!

Spouse wants to do the Shipwreck dive. I've dug around and found the Prince Albert is in about 60-70 feet of water. I can't see how snorkeling there would be very beneficial. You wouldn't see much in 60-70 feet.  It's like $80-90 each to do the shipwreck snorkel and they don't take you anywhere afterwards, just back to ship.

I know snorkeling is very good at West Bay/Infinity.  Would it be possible to hire a snorkel boat there to take me to a different wreck?  Are there boats on that beach for hire??   I've heard there is a smaller shipwreck called the Palmetto, but I don't know where it is or how to get to it.  I was told I have to hire the 3 stop snorkel boat for $80-90 to get there.

What if it rains?  I'm toying with the idea of just hiring a private driver from Bodden and telling them to take me snorkeling.  They only have a one hour snorkel boat listed as one of their regular excursions.

I have been to Roatan twice, but only did scuba diving. So, I don't remember much about the island. I'd like to see some of the island especially if it rains.  We are kinda retired from diving these days.  Thanks for any advice!

If I remember correctly Prine Albert is off of Cocoview.  Have a look the Coco View web site and the area they call "The Front Yard". It is shallow enough to snorkel and you can see the area where the wreck is, you are right though the wreck is to deep for a snorkeler. I stayed at Cocoview one year specifically to snorkel the Front Yard. 

I have never heard the Palmetto Wreck (I am not a diver) but is seems likely it is in or near Palmetto Bay which is to far from about anything to do for a reasonable price. 

You can hire boats near Bananarama to take you to a few other places but all of them are within in the lagoon, open water and those panga don't get on well. I know of no wrecks within the Roatan Marine Park. 

Ya might contact a few dive operators, ask them about the available wrecks to dive and the depths. 

Also if you are a Facebook person, their are heaps of expats, locals and travelers posting to Roatan pages.  They maybe able to offer you more information. 

• 4 weeks later...

we did. this shipwreck snorkeling tour https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursion/roatan-shipwreck-snorkeling/ and all the stops were shallow and lots of fish and coral to see in addition to the wreck. We had a 6 year old with us so we made sure ahead of time that all the locations were fairly shallow.  They took us to a beach club after which was perfect