Celebrity Apex Looking for Info from recent cruisers 2022

njoysun

We are booked on the 3/12/22 PR, St Thomas , St Kitts cruise.

Looking for some information from cruisers this year.

We are in a Sky Suite and looking forward to it as the cost at time of booking with a L&S was great.

• Any mid cruise Laundry Specials?
  • Would you recommend the cost of the Thermal Suite $69 day or $200+ week?
  • How were the ports in regard to crowding, beach, tour etc?
  • Are they testing on debarkation?
  • Any problems with getting a pre cruise test?
  • Restaurants Luminae vs main vs Specialty.

We have cruised on Celebrity in the past and enjoyed it

Have been on NCL, Princess and Carnival.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you're asking about availability of Covid Testing which has nothing to do the Sky Suite or Celebrity. That's something you do two days prior to embarkation and no if you're not flying out of the US there's no testing at debarkation. 

The Thermal Suite is expensive and although it's very attractive in design there's no water feature. There aren't any areas to sit or lay down and lounge around. The Thermal Suites on NCL are far superior to the spa on the Apex.  I enjoy using the spa but I declined to pay the fees on the Apex, It's just too expensive for what is offered. 

I don't remember seeing any midweek laundry bag specials. If you are Elite level you get a free bag of laundry. 

Luminae has great service and food. The menu is limited though. The key thing is to ASK QUESTIONS. In other words if you don't like anything on the menu, ask your server what else can you order. There seems to be some always available choices that's not listed on the Luminae menu or anywhere else, but if you ask the server they will let you know what else is available. When we were on the Apex in Luminae we never asked what was available besides what's on the menu and we were never told there were other options, never. Other people have had different experiences where their server always offered to bring whatever they wanted. So bottom line ask your server. You can also ask the Retreat Concierge to make reservations at the other main dining rooms if there's something that is served one evening there that appeals to you more than what's being served at Luminae.  

We were on the January 22nd Apex sailing.  You are in for a treat.  Seriously...do not miss the production shows.  We typically do not go, but so many told us how great it was that we gave in and went...some of the best productions at sea.  We dined in Blu.  I know what I like to eat and frequently Blu didn't offer it.  I checked out the menus for the four MDR restaurants and had my choice served in Blu.  I'm sure in Luminae the service and the options will be even better.  

We are on Apex now and I have not seen laundry specials but as Elites we get a bag for free and that helped with the B2B clothes. Luminae is fantastic you will love it! Absolutely everyone in there is wonderful but if you get a chance ask for Richie, his section is in the back and he is Amaaazing! Also if you get a chance go to Eden, it is phenomenal! We went twice this cruise and I would consider going again if we didn’t love being with Richie! Went to Fine Cut as well and I’m not a steak person so I thought it was so so. My DH got the dry aged strip and he enjoyed that. He says we will go back on our next cruise but I will try to stick with the appetizers or fish there, but again that is just my opinion. We didn’t get a chance to go to Blu or any of the main restaurants but the menus look great. We did get tested on the last day of our first cruise and it was a very easy process, got results in less than an hour. The ports were not overcrowded, definitely busier prepandemic and everywhere you go people will be so friendly and glad to see you. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Haven't seen a mid week laundry special on a 7 N cruise.

We fine the Luminae menu very limited, particularly since I can't eat seafood or fish.

There are  everyday classic items salmon, chicken and sirlion steak and you can order off the Kids menu.  The kids menu has a 4 oz filet with mashed potatoes and veggies and spaghetti bolognese  which I had on more than 1 occasion.  

On the E class getting something from another restaurant is a challenge.  Blu for example is on Deck 5 aft while Luminae is on Deck 12 forward.  That is a long way for someone to go to get a dish much less arrive hot.  

Currently with reduced capacity we have had no problem setting seated in Blu or in one of the MDRs, which is what we do on night we don't like the Luminae menu.

We loved the Apex Spa and got the full cruise access. I’ll disagree with the earlier description. There were a number of different thermal spas, I think 8, and the ones I tried had areas to lay down in, and were great.

The Spa area also has warmed tiled lounges you can relax on. Lay and watch out the front of the ship and just enjoy. Love it and used it very day, port and at sea. 

So if you enjoy steam rooms or dry sauna’s, there are a range of them. 

As to daily or the full cruise….that’s your call. If you’re going to use it more than 3 days, go with the full cruise experience. 

Den

Go to YouTube. Do a search for Celebrity Apex Thermal Spa and there are a ton of video tours. Shows all the various spa types, areas to sit and lay down and just enjoy. I hadn’t used Spas on board much, but this time it was a great time since we weren’t spending a lot of time in port and had 3 at sea days.

Will do the same on our TransAtlantic for sure. Not inexpensive, but if you enjoy this type of thing, go for it. 

Den

On 2/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, jelayne said:

It is a IV cabin on Deck 7  aft of the elevators with the bed by the bath

Yes, it seems to be near the back of the ship. Why did you get moved to that cabin? Have not yet traveled on the Apex, but am scheduled to be on that ship in 2023. Normally, we do not like being toward the aft of the ship because the front/back of most ships tend to make me seasick. If that is not the case for you, you should be fine. If it is, try perhaps to get mid-ship. The middle of the ship is always more stable and rocks less than the front or back. We have taken about 20 cruises and I was seasick on two -- one when we were upfront, one where we were toward the back of the ship. Never again.