Out of luck if you want to turn over to an agent and you are using up FCCs.

jonthomas

Viking just dealt me another blow.

Not only did we lose substantial OBCs when one of our cruises was cancelled by Viking mid Atlantic  and we were given FCVs but now that I booked another using the FCVS, they tell me they will not pay any commission to an agent of my choice. 

We also got  FCCs with a "risk free guarantee" last month when our Government issued a NO TRAVEL ban. 

So no turning over to an agent for any of my varied FCCs. 

Viking says, no commission on FCCS.

So it is a lose lose and lose for us. 

If we somehow manage to use up the FCCs , we will NEVER sail with Viking again. Nor do they care. 

Just as I have said many times here, Cruise lines, namely Viking here, does not deal in good faith. The client is of no importance, only the bottom line.

Yes it is victimization. 

Now will look for any fine print where it many give me some kind of plausible explanation. 

Viking paid our first agent a commission. We canceled that cruise and received vouchers. We moved to a second agent; she did not receive a commission on those vouchers. But why would she, since no new money is being given to Viking? The second agent will work with us to set up pre- and post-cruise travel and will earn something from that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm failing to see the problem. You have a booking allready, why do you need to involve a third party? You may want to, but it is far from essential. Many book direct with Viking. You could have used some of the voucher amount to cover the things the OBC would  have been used for.

The agent can still organise flights if you want them to. 

Edited by KBs mum

8 hours ago, KBs mum said:

I'm failing to see the problem. You have a booking allready, why do you need to involve a third party? You may want to, but it is far from essential. Many book direct with Viking. You could have used some of the voucher amount to cover the things the OBC would  have been used for.

The agent can still organise flights if you want them to. 

because turning it over to an agent gives us substantial additional moneys...all that comes off the cost of the cruise....

the reverse is then true, if the FCVs are non commissionable, the cruise is then more costly. 

We had NO agent on either cruise, dealt directly with Viking. So Viking did not pay out to anyone else. 

I asked for the fine print where it would say that FCVs are non commissionable. NO one can give me that. Why not? Maybe it doesnt exist or maybe if you dont put things in print, you can just make them up as you go along. 

The silly thing about all this is that any and all OBCs we may have gotten from an agent would have been used on the ship for gratuities and purchases, all moneys would have gone right back to Viking and now they wont. 

And thats that.....this topic may now be closed.