Suggestions for excursions in Grenada?

Jacob Cavalier

As Fort George is right beside the cruise terminal, I wouldn't pay for a tour that includes the fort. As for the beach, if you want to spend time there instead of exploring the island, just take a taxi ($6) or a water taxi ($5). 

Also note that Ft. George is a steep hill climb from the port. It's well worth a visit. Just be prepared. Same with the church ruin you can see from the port.  Again, an uphill climb and you cannot get into the site but you get a nice view. On the port side is a staircase and on the old port side you walk (hike?) up streets.  This is another way to go from the new to old port.  In either case enjoy your trip!

If you like to snorkel then we can highly recommend Grenada Seafaris…they took us to a couple different spots including the underwater sculpture park (google it..amazing!!) and did a coastal tour on the way back describing many of the landmarks along the way. Small groups and great guides. We’d do it again if we ever return. 

22 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As Fort George is right beside the cruise terminal, I wouldn't pay for a tour that includes the fort. As for the beach, if you want to spend time there instead of exploring the island, just take a taxi ($6) or a water taxi ($5). 

That is a great point and just what I needed to know as I have no idea of the geography. Why pay if you can walk there yourself? The thing is though it’s not clear of you will be allowed to explore yourself. It’s saying Celebrity only excursions and government approved yours so not sure if say a water taxi is included in that.