Return flight from San Juan after Caribbean Islands Adventure cruise

rockjock75

I am flying back on my own booked flight returning from a Caribbean Islands Adventure trip from San Juan on March 21. Currently I have a 9:20 am flight, but can switch to a 2:55 pm at no charge. What time will I need to leave the ship to leave enough time to make a 9:20 am flight? I think my  decision will end up choosing how early do I want to get up to make a 9:20 flight vs sitting for a long time in the airport for the 2:55 pm flight. I assume taxis are available early in the morning, true? Does Viking have several bus transfers I can pay for even though I did not use Viking Air and how early does Viking start their busses in San Juan?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

25 minutes ago, rockjock75 said:

I am flying back on my own booked flight returning from a Caribbean Islands Adventure trip from San Juan on March 21. Currently I have a 9:20 am flight, but can switch to a 2:55 pm at no charge. What time will I need to leave the ship to leave enough time to make a 9:20 am flight? I think my  decision will end up choosing how early do I want to get up to make a 9:20 flight vs sitting for a long time in the airport for the 2:55 pm flight. I assume taxis are available early in the morning, true? Does Viking have several bus transfers I can pay for even though I did not use Viking Air and how early does Viking start their busses in San Juan?

We returned mid-December from a Barcelona to San Juan cruise with an 8:15 AM departure and had no issues making our flight.  Some passengers had even earlier flights and also had no issues making their flight. Viking has or collects all of the departing flight information and assigns passengers to the appropriate bus departures.  You can purchase transfers even if you don't use Viking Air.  In that case, you put out any luggage you don't wish to hand carry and it's taken to the appropriate area of the port building.  After going through immigration, we collected our luggage, went through customs, and then went to our bus.  After we arrived at the airport, Viking staff took our luggage through the agricultural scanning process.  We then collected our luggage again and went to our flights.  We had to be off the ship by 8:00 AM, so you will have a very long time to wait at the airport if you use the 2:55 flight.  There were not many services available.

3 hours ago, rockjock75 said:

We had our own flights on the same cruise that Jeri mentions.  We stayed an extra night in San Juan.  We had flights at 9:00 and had no issues at all.  Took a taxi to the airport - $25 and 20 minutes (opposite rush hour).  If you wish to get home early, you should be fine.