Tour recommendation

richbum

Hi everyone. Trying to get recommendations for a tour around Grand Cayman. We have done the snorkeling thing....but this trip want to do more of the touristy seeing the sites trip. I believe there will be 11 of us...an infant included...so someone who has carseats would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Seconding the prior comments, Cayman is not currently open to cruise ships, and likely won’t be until maybe April, or at least that’s my somewhat educated guess as to a best case reopening date.

if your cruise is after that, you can check the following website to see what sites you’re interested in visiting, and what options you have for getting there.

https://www.explorecayman.com

I know they aren't open now...My cruise isn't until next year and it is my understanding that they are in talks of opening back up. I had heard good things about Jennifer (I forgot the tour company but was highly recommended) but when I messaged her, she said that she is out of business. I am just starting to plan so looking for other companies who do the same type of city tour with stops for pix etc.

Thanks a bunch for your help. Its very much appreciated!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, richbum said:

My cruise isn't until next year...

YES!  Isn't this half the fun of a trip, anticipation and research?

Our cruise leaves 4/30 and we're hopeful to stop at GC, but will be ok with whatever comes our way as long as we're all safe and having fun.   This one has been 2+ years in the making, and reading these boards has made the wait less ... "waity".  

I hope you get an answer from someone who knows their way around, and that the info is still current during your planning. 

For the type of tour you’re looking for, and if you’ve got a full year to plan, wait another six months and then start looking.  Cayman lives by “island time” and a year out is WAY too far ahead for most of the smaller operators to decide if/when they’ll resume operations.  Until cruises start to stop in Cayman again, all bets are off as to who and what will be available.

Check out the website I linked above, decide what stops you’d like, what attractions you’re interested in, and in about six months go back to the website and see what tour operators appear on their lists, maybe post here again to see what people have found as things open up (if they are actually open by that point, there’s a pretty vocal faction seeking the end of cruise tourism to the island).