Canada likely to remove requirement for PCR test to return to Canada

CruiseDoc79

The PCR test is not required to enter Canada.  NAT, NAAT, and RT-LAMP tests are allowable as well.  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#pre-entry-testing

So you can get the rapid molecular test ID NOW through Walgreens, which was at no cost to me last time I traveled.  But it will definitely be nice if they change the requirement to include rapid antigen tests.

• Like 1

Just remember - things are still speculation right now - not facts.  Yes the Canadian govt will be making an announcement next week about travel requirements but what exactly they announce is still speculation right now.  

On 2/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, Lastdance said:

I just want the testing to stop ASAP!  It is such a deterrent to be able to board, yet I understand why.

How is testing a deterrent?  Thousands of people have done it and continue to do it on a weekly basis.  It may be a personal hendrance but I would hardly call it a 'deterrent'. 

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

How is testing a deterrent?  Thousands of people have done it and continue to do it on a weekly basis.  It may be a personal hendrance but I would hardly call it a 'deterrent'. 

It's a huge stress if you want to travel outside of your country for a cruise and then your home country won't let you back for 10+ days if you happen to get covid. So I can see why many people would be deterred. Although as Canadians, at this point in time we are still under federal travel advisory to avoid non-essential travel, and specifically cruise ship travel so no one should be caught unawares at this point.