Cruise arriving back in Long Beach on 3/24 at 8am. If I book a flight out of LGB at 11am, would I be okay?

notsure500

I'd be flying stateside, so getting to the airport 1 hour early is probably fine. Plus isn't a huge airport so I could get through security quickly if I'm a little less than one hour. An Uber takes 20 minutes according to Google Maps. So is about 90 minutes enough time to disembark?

We are doing the same thing, our flight is at 11:30 at LGB.  I hope it works!  We are doing self walk off.  In November we got off the ship in San Pedro(near Long Beach) about 7:30, so hopefully the same this time.........we will see.  Fingers crossed. 

8am - 10am is prime rush hour on the 405 freeway, which is where LGB is at.   So, I would hope for the best but know you flight options so you can book right away if you miss it.  

The good thing is LGB is a nice small airport.

7 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

8am - 10am is prime rush hour on the 405 freeway, which is where LGB is at.   So, I would hope for the best but know you flight options so you can book right away if you miss it.  

The good thing is LGB is a nice small airport.

Even on Saturday?  Will there be rush hour? 

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Basically, the 405 is busy all the time.  

When you said 3/24, I thought this March.  Microsoft tells me that is a Thursday.  Sorry

Oh, you were right, that is the OP who said 3/24, I was just asking after they asked.  Thanks, we arrive at San Pedro on March 19th. 

If both parties asking do self walk off, it should not be an issue getting an 11AM or 11:30AM flight because it is LGB, a small, easy to navigate airport.

If the 405 South is jammed, an Uber driver or taxi driver would just use Willow Street.

https://goo.gl/maps/J7UxwNpykDnh25YP6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

If both parties asking do self walk off, it should not be an issue getting an 11AM or 11:30AM flight because it is LGB, a small, easy to navigate airport.

If the 405 South is jammed, an Uber driver or taxi driver would just use Willow Street.

https://goo.gl/maps/J7UxwNpykDnh25YP6

Thanks, feel better now.