Drink package on a 3 day cruise

ineed-a-vacation

I tried adding the drinks package to my upcoming MSC cruise, but it does not give me the option online.  When I spoke to a phone rep I was told that they do not allow you to purchase the drink package for before boarding on cruises less than 7 days.  Then I read somewhere that drink packages aren't offered on MSC cruises that are less than 7 days.  I don't remember where I read this and haven't been able to get it confirmed.  Does anyone know if this is true or what the deal is with drink packages?  I'm on a 3 day cruise.  

11 hours ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

Well now I'm even more confused.  I'm not sure why it's not being offered to me.  I have fantastica in a balcony room on Meraviglia.

Sometimes they offer the drink package as a price upgrade at time of booking and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it can be purchased as an add-on option (with other things like excursions or internet) and sometimes you can't. Just keep watching to see if they re-offer it.  Also, it seems like they always offer it onboard on the first day of the cruise although there it's probably at a higher price than if it had been purchased earlier.

39 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Sometimes they offer the drink package as a price upgrade at time of booking and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it can be purchased as an add-on option (with other things like excursions or internet) and sometimes you can't. Just keep watching to see if they re-offer it.  Also, it seems like they always offer it onboard on the first day of the cruise although there it's probably at a higher price than if it had been purchased earlier.

Although I’d much rather buy it ahead of time at the cheaper price, I’m ok with buying it onboard. I just want the option. I’d rather not buy drinks individually.