Beer

rdemn

On 2/22/2022 at 11:28 PM, ericosmith said:

I hope they have something better than the beers on that list or I wasted my drink package money.  Maybe I should have stayed with Celebrity, at least they had some decent ones.  

Yes, I find their beer selection disappointing!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

Yes, I find their beer selection disappointing!

I think the best beer selection I ever saw on a cruise was NCL Escape. It was several years ago  they had a place called the District Brew House with 25-30 on tap and another large selection of bottled beer. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:41 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Here's a start. The pub will have other selections.

As for the bucket, on Royal, I don't know.

beer.webp

With the exception of Paulaner, I doubt any of those qualify as beer in my world 🤣

• Haha 1

DH will be happy to learn about the pitcher of beer.  He's not one to sit around a bar.   But he's extremely happy to wander around with a giant mug of beer with a lid.   And $18 for a pitcher isn't really bad.   It is more than say a local brewpub, but not that out of line.   

46 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Can you cancel your drink package?   Because regardless drink package and beer isn't worthwhile.  

Yes. Pretty sure you can right through the app or cruise planner web sight. I just cancelled the key yesterday and re booked it right away as it had dropped a few dollars for my sailing. 

On 11/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, Mooguy said:

I think the best beer selection I ever saw on a cruise was NCL Escape. It was several years ago  they had a place called the District Brew House with 25-30 on tap and another large selection of bottled beer. 

Yes, I enjoyed the beer at the District Brew House. Entertainment was good as well.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:39 PM, markbach said:

Do they not have Chilla Thrilla anymore on Coco Cay?

No they don't, atleast not in September. But I found a local Bahamian beer that I tried called Sands,  nothing special, just another light lager type of beer but I like to try local beers so it was ok. The day before my 17 year old son bought an alcohol free version of it on Blue Lagoon outside of Nassau. 

Screenshot_20221128_015333_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:21 PM, allyfree said:

With the exception of Paulaner, I doubt any of those qualify as beer in my world 🤣

They usually have another Paulaner variety (in the pub).  I believe it is a dunkel.  It is outstanding.  

The oasis class ships tend to carry Negra Modela (at one or two of their bars) which is a Bavarian Dunkel recipe.  It is by far my favorite big brand beer.   

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, crewsweeper said:

At one time pre-Covid, Royal was carrying Funky Buddha selections, even on Coco Cay.  All I saw on the Harmony in January was Sierra Nevada, Stones , and Terrapin's awful fruity concoction, plus Newcastle on tap in the Pub which was NOT the brewed for American tastes in bottles you see around. Coco Cay did have Red Stripe permitting beer drinkers to somewhat avoid the Big Beer swill.

How was the New Castle?

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Pretty decent, on tap.  Can't opine on any bottles or cans.  If available check the label for where brewed.

I'm kinda partial to beers on tap myself. We'll be on Oasis in March so I'll be on the lookout.

• Like 1