Amsterdam Moderate hotel recommendation

IsanTom

We will be staying in Amsterdam as well but in June. We are NCL. I have been checking in hotels also… think we will be staying at Nova Hotel. Will have to take a taxi there but it has a very good rating of 8, very close to attractions.2 miles from center of town, you can pay extra for breakfast and they have a shuttle to the airport for 17 euros pp. only bad I saw is that is gets a little noisy because of the canal nose (people) but they said it got quite later in the evening after everyone left. I would think if you get a room in the back of the hotel away from the canal it should be quieter… 

the other one I looked at was the Airbus Hotel Amsterdam City Center… 8.5 rating and Location was a 9.5…

My sister and I are in our 70’s and don’t want to do so much walking so that is why we want to stay closer to the city center and not have to take trams and trains.i have been checking thru Booking.com and Expedia.com… good luck! Let me know how it goes.😊

What are you looking for and what do you consider moderate? There are a number of European chains, and a Holiday Inn Express, not far from Centraal, the Maritime Museum, and Nemo. The rooms will be small, and the AC will be questionable (also true at the Marriott, BTW). I'm sure there are other areas one block off a major road or tram that are similar.

Movenpick is generally a nice chain (haven't stayed at the one in Amsterdam), as typically are Swissotel and Nova Hotels. I spent several nights at the Ibis Center Stopera a few years back for business, and it was small but functional. Two people with bags could be tight. But it had a great English breakfast that turned into a decent bar for a quick beer in the evenings. 

And there are American chains like Marriott in town. You really have to compare rates to see what you can get.