Excursions sold out?

munkegodes

Do they open up more availability onboard the ship or can you get added to an excursion waitlist? We are traveling with an unvaccinated child due to age and want to do a beach break but they’re all sold out at both ports of call 😢.

Also, we almost never use cruise sponsored tours because of the cost. I presume if the rest in our party are vaccinated it is ok to split up and have just one adult accompany the unvaxxed minor on the cruise tour then have the rest of our party meet us via taxi?

Thanks in advance

I think the rcl excursions are fairly priced and been doing them since restart. I have seen some sell out and kicked myself for waiting to buy.

The little port pass as a example was 10.00 before the cruise, went down to 7.99 with one late time left. .. onboard the price is 15.99

If you want a excursion book before the cruise or first day before prices go up. Yes I bet they will open more spots ... at much higher prices.

Roatan has some little excursion into a rain forest, animal rescue and says butterflies and hummingbirds and hold a slot. Some dates its 44.99 and some 40.99. Some dates on sale down to 29.99  ...onboard price was 66.00.

I can name others onboard price vs pre boarding price. I'm taking advantage of what I consider good prices. 

Edited by firefly333

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think the rcl excursions are fairly priced and been doing them since restart. I have seen some sell out and kicked myself for waiting to buy.

The little port pass as a example was 10.00 before the cruise, went down to 7.99 with one late time left. .. onboard the price is 15.99

If you want a excursion book before the cruise or first day before prices go up. Yes I bet they will open more spots ... at much higher prices.

Roatan has some little excursion into a rain forest, animal rescue and says butterflies and hummingbirds and hold a slot. Some dates its 44.99 and some 40.99. Some dates on sale down to 29.99  ...onboard price was 66.00.

I can name others onboard price vs pre boarding price. I'm taking advantage of what I consider good prices. 

The problem is there aren’t any available right now that suit our party. Either not enough spots for all of us or none at all or some of my kids are too young/short to take the excursions available. I just feel like if they’re going to force us to use their excursions that they should have enough available for us to get off the ship. Literally right now one of my kids can’t do anything than to get off and walk around port due to their policies and availability 😢.

• Like 1

It's not just a problem for the unvaccinated.  On our next cruise on Harmony at the end of May there is almost nothing available for St. Thomas.  Simple things like a Meagan's Bay beach excursion has been sold out for months. I'm hoping they will add more but we are certainly looking at private excursions at this point. 

Just now, JasperCruiser said:

It's not just a problem for the unvaccinated.  On our next cruise on Harmony at the end of May there is almost nothing available for St. Thomas.  Simple things like a Meagan's Bay beach excursion has been sold out for months. I'm hoping they will add more but we are certainly looking at private excursions at this point. 

Gosh at least you have options to go private. I would prefer to but we can’t due to the fact that we have a 3 year old traveling with us. Oasis is a beautiful ship but mama needs the beach!!

15 minutes ago, JasperCruiser said:

Funny you mention Magen's bay specifically.  Just did a princess cruise in December and was initially disappointed that there were zero magen's bay options.  LOVED Magen's bay last time I sailed there.  We ended up taking it as a blessing in disguise and branched out to try a different beach option which was fantastic, but it makes me wonder if Magen's specifically is keeping access reduced post pandemic.

We are doing the Mexican Riviera with unvaccinated children. Almost all excursions have a minimum age of 12. We reached out to private excursions and they are unable to provide options either. It is getting frustrating at this point when we cruise in one month.

1 hour ago, karnze said:

We are doing the Mexican Riviera with unvaccinated children. Almost all excursions have a minimum age of 12. We reached out to private excursions and they are unable to provide options either. It is getting frustrating at this point when we cruise in one month.

It's true unvaccinated children can only do rcl excursions.  Glad the private vendors made it clear.