Black Sea Survey

audobon_tx

I'malreadypacked, we also have not heard yet what the new itinerary for the May 5th cruise will be, if any.  First Azamara said they would have it last Monday. They then sent another email last Monday to our TA saying Azamara would know last Friday but we are still waiting to hear.  We have a short trip to bicycle Hvar and a few other islands in Croatia right after disembarking in Athens and still need to book our flight from Athens to Split BUT we can't if we don't know if they have an alternate cruise destination or even if there will be a cruise.  And, no, we also didn't get the survey.  

-Gail 

On 3/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, drcpas said:

I'malreadypacked, we also have not heard yet what the new itinerary for the May 5th cruise will be, if any.  First Azamara said they would have it last Monday. They then sent another email last Monday to our TA saying Azamara would know last Friday but we are still waiting to hear.  We have a short trip to bicycle Hvar and a few other islands in Croatia right after disembarking in Athens and still need to book our flight from Athens to Split BUT we can't if we don't know if they have an alternate cruise destination or even if there will be a cruise.  And, no, we also didn't get the survey.  

-Gail 

I do wonder why the information was not sent to all passengers from Azamara.  I know we will be happy enough to go wherever they think is safe, but it would be good PR for them to keep up communication.  Your port-cruise plans sound fun. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Janet&Carl said:

completely agree with your perspective - we booked for a "Black Sea" experience but feel that the questions did not cover adequately what my response to alternate ports would be.  My guess is they were just trying to work out how many people wanted to live dangerously and still go into the Black sea not cancel if they removed Odessa

Yes.  I felt it was a somewhat loaded question.  When I chose YES, it seemed as if it was worded in hopes most would say NO.   Then the survey results would be announced as a large majority do not want to go to the Black Sea.

5 hours ago, HokiePoq said:

Yes.  I felt it was a somewhat loaded question.  When I chose YES, it seemed as if it was worded in hopes most would say NO.   Then the survey results would be announced as a large majority do not want to go to the Black Sea.

Of course everyone is going to say yes - we all booked a black sea cruise, so of course we all want to go to the  Black Sea lol.  In fact it is the only reason we looked at Azamara as we have never sailed with them before.  It didnt specify a time frame like "this cruise" or future cruise.  If the answer was no we would have booked another cruise initially.  Silly question imo.

2 other cruise lines - Oceania and Silver Sea- have released their updated itineraries. As expected they are half Greek and half Turkish ports.   I'm guessing many have already been to these ports but perhaps just being on a ship will suffice to keep people on board.  At least one of those ships has offered 1K OBC and some FFC for the itinerary change.