Fuel Surcharges

mrlevin

It has been quite a while since Regent had a fuel surcharge and I can't find specifics in Ticket Contract; does anyone remember, or know where it is documented, the latest date that Regent can add a fuel surcharge?  Is it up to embarkation date?

thanks,

Marc

Well, in 2009 Regent's then parent company and Regent agreed to not add fuel surcharges to the fare as they'd apparently been doing at some point before that.  I.e., advertising a cruise fare and then adding the fuel surcharge when it was booked.

Fuel Surcharge Rebate Settlement - Classic Cruises AVC dba Regent SSC.pdf

Edited by Portolan
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just read an article that two cruise lines (including Celestyal) are adding fuel surcharges of up to $8 per person per day up to date of embarkation.  Anyone heard anything from Regent?  I read settlement Scott posted but I wonder if that really keeps cruise lines from actually adding the charges.  Here is the article; may be behind firewall:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-26/staffing-shortages-limit-carnival-norwegian-cruise-trips?cmpid=BBD052822_WKND&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=220528&utm_campaign=weekendreading

Edited by mrlevin