Carnival's Reply - Jeans in the dinning room?!

cajunkittie

I know this is a hot button here, and I really wondered about it, so I wrote a little email to carnival about jeans. Mind you I wanted to know about JEANS on NON-FORMAL nights!! I will be in my best suit for the formal nights! :D A copy of my email and reply from carnival follows. I hope this clears things up for a lot of people...

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:07 AM

To: Carnival Cruise Lines (guestinfo@carnival.com)

Subject: Future Sailing

I can't seem to find an answer to this question on your site. Are jeans allowed in the dinning room on non-formal nights? Does Carnival consider them "resort casual"? Will my wife or I feel out of place wearing jeans to the dinning room on a non-formal night? Please help!! E-mail reply would be best. Thank you!

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:36:27 -0500

From: "Guest Info" <guestinfo@carnival.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: RE:'CCL=275-267' Future Sailing

To: cajunkittie

Thank you for visiting carnival.com. In regards to your query, jeans can be worn to the dining room on casual nights.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Carnival Cruise Lines

I know this is a hot button here, and I really wondered about it, so I wrote a little email to carnival about jeans. Mind you I wanted to know about JEANS on NON-FORMAL nights!! I will be in my best suit for the formal nights! :D A copy of my email and reply from carnival follows. I hope this clears things up for a lot of people...

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:07 AM

To: Carnival Cruise Lines (guestinfo@carnival.com)

Subject: Future Sailing

I can't seem to find an answer to this question on your site. Are jeans allowed in the dinning room on non-formal nights? Does Carnival consider them "resort casual"? Will my wife or I feel out of place wearing jeans to the dinning room on a non-formal night? Please help!! E-mail reply would be best. Thank you!

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:36:27 -0500

From: "Guest Info" <guestinfo@carnival.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: RE:'CCL=275-267' Future Sailing

To: cajunkittie

Thank you for visiting carnival.com. In regards to your query, jeans can be worn to the dining room on casual nights.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Thanks!!! Now we can get on with business.. NO MORE JEANS ALLOWED THREADS LOL:D

But if they are really fancy expensive designer jeans, or jeans and a tiara, or a denim floor length gown, can I THEN wear jeans on formal night? I mean they would be ironed and everything...:D

Why not everyone eles breaks one rule or another:D Makesure to sit at my table so I can admire the tiara.. and the fancy high priced jeans!!!:)

People have put replies from Carnival on this subject here before... it is obvious jeans are not excluded specifically on the dress code... I think the problem most have is how appropriate they are. I think there are a few people that thinks jeans are not allowed... that is not the issue, they are allowed... Most people (and I say most, because most won't be wearing them ;)) just don't find them appropriate for a formal dining room.

I think anyone that goes on vacation expecting that everyone is up to "their" so called standards.. is setting themselves up for disappointment.. Many people live and vacation in this world.. and everyone is their OWN..

If you expect to go seeing certain things and you don't so be it .. if that ruins your vacation then you are on the WRONG vacation.. Or you need to get your head out of the sand and realize you and yours are not the only people that have a life!:(

Sorry JM2C:rolleyes:

People have put replies from Carnival on this subject here before... it is obvious jeans are not excluded specifically on the dress code... I think the problem most have is how appropriate they are. I think there are a few people that thinks jeans are not allowed... that is not the issue, they are allowed... Most people (and I say most, because most won't be wearing them ;)) just don't find them appropriate for a formal dining room.

I think that is the best way I have seen it put yet.

LOL, perhaps CC should get into the glue business :D We have enough dead horses lying around :D

Yes and they are still around week after week after week.. seems nobody understands them.. or hey I will start a new thread see if I can get some responses:D

Seems the same people respond week after week after week.. I guess that is the hilite of their day.. :rolleyes:

Why not everyone eles breaks one rule or another:D Makesure to sit at my table so I can admire the tiara.. and the fancy high priced jeans!!!:)

What rule? The Carnival brochure says on the Things to Know Before You Go page under the clothes section: "For one or two nights a dark suit or formal attire is suggested." Note the use of the word suggested. No where does it say required or recommended.

What this means is Carnival has no intention of trying to enforce a requirement that dressy dress be worn in the dining room.

Archived