Testing Requirements for European Cruises?

17 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

In September 2023, my wife and I are flying to New York City for family birthday celebrations. In early, October we will fly from NYC to Amsterdam, The Netherlands for a week of sightseeing. Next, we take a train from Amsterdam to London for a couple of days of sightseeing. Following THAT, we will be taking another train (?) to Southampton for a couple of days before boarding Anthem of the Seas for a transatlantic to Bayonne, New Jersey. I expect a lot of stress if there is still testing required. We are soon to be double boosted for COVID.

Jim

Sept 2023?

Anyway, is it a good idea to have such a large agenda before boarding the ship? Could you finish the cruise first?

1 minute ago, HappyInVan said:

Sept 2023?

Anyway, is it a good idea to have such a large agenda before boarding the ship? Could you finish the cruise first?

HappyinVan,

No it is not a good idea but that is the way it happens to be. I made my bed and now have to sleep in it. Thanks for your concern. I am hoping that some good news will occur before our trip (no testing for one).

Jim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

HappyinVan,

No it is not a good idea but that is the way it happens to be. I made my bed and now have to sleep in it. Thanks for your concern. I am hoping that some good news will occur before our trip (no testing for one).

Jim

Your plans are more and a year and half away. You can't even reserve plane tickets that far in advance, so if you feel it's not the best itinerary for you there's most definitely enough time to change things

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Your plans are more and a year and half away. You can't even reserve plane tickets that far in advance, so if you feel it's not the best itinerary for you there's most definitely enough time to change things

kwokpot,

I know 18 months is a loooonnggg time but I really wanted this itinerary - centered around a family celebration in NYC and my wife's desire to see Anne Frank's House.

Jim

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

kwokpot,

I know 18 months is a loooonnggg time but I really wanted this itinerary - centered around a family celebration in NYC and my wife's desire to see Anne Frank's House.

Jim

We have done some crazy itineraries but always enjoyed them. One year in December we flew from NYC to Auckland to do a 14 night New Zealand to Australia cruise which ended in Sydney. We stayed 1 night in Sydney and the next day flew to Bangkok to meet up with family to do a 7 night Christmas/New Years Thailand Vacation, after which we made a 3 night stopover in Seoul on the way back to NYC. 

My only reason in responding to you is how you answered the other poster, as if it wasn't something you were really keen on doing. It may seem daunting now, especially with Covid still interfering with traveling but your trip is so far off I don't think it's going to be the way things are now. Enjoy the time now you have planning this trip. For me trip planning is half the fun!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

We have done some crazy itineraries but always enjoyed them. One year in December we flew from NYC to Auckland to do a 14 night New Zealand to Australia cruise which ended in Sydney. We stayed 1 night in Sydney and the next day flew to Bangkok to meet up with family to do a 7 night Christmas/New Years Thailand Vacation, after which we made a 3 night stopover in Seoul on the way back to NYC. 

My only reason in responding to you is how you answered the other poster, as if it wasn't something you were really keen on doing. It may seem daunting now, especially with Covid still interfering with traveling but your trip is so far off I don't think it's going to be the way things are now. Enjoy the time now you have planning this trip. For me trip planning is half the fun!  

Thank you kwokpot. I did not mean to sound negative about my trip. I am really looking forward to it. At age 80, I do not know how many more trips like this I can do. Fingers crossed!

Jim

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, kalajori said:

mchin,

With whom did you confirm that Royal will do testing on the Wonder for a fee on the day before disembarkation? That would take so much worry about where and when we can be tested. We are on B2B Odyssey sailings ( TA and Greek Islands) in April/May with disembarkation in Rome on 5/16. Day before we are at sea so our only option is to test at the airport before our flight at 12:30 on the 16th.Thanks for any information you might have.

Joanmarie

I talked to customer service via my TA.  I plan to call again as we get closer to confirm this one more time.  Of course, my back up will be a rapid antigen test at the airport before we fly home....just in case something changes with RCCL.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Jimbo said:

So  there is testing at BCN Airport before you check your bags in?

There is testing at BCN, terminal 2 (you can access a testing sign up page), but not sure if it's before you check your bags.  I am hoping to determine the location when we arrive at BCN.  Based on my research, the port does not offer any testing options and just provides information to other testing locations.