Self Test After Netherlands Arrival

Sea42

According to https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry

Can someone tell me what the process is for this? Is the test require on your day of entry? Who would we report the results to?

You live in this country or area

These are the rules for travelling to the Netherlands:

40 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

According to https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry

Can someone tell me what the process is for this? Is the test require on your day of entry? Who would we report the results to?

You live in this country or area

These are the rules for travelling to the Netherlands:

We are sailing from Amsterdam in mid-May, with a few days in Amsterdam before sailing.

I will be interested in the responses you get, but I’m trying very hard right now to not think about it until about April 1, because I think rules may be in flux for awhile yet. We just decided that some point we have to start preparing based on those rules.

Shortly after we booked this cruise, maybe Sept 2021, I was looking at the Netherlands govt health website, and found a list of sites where foreigners could get Covid tests, including the airport.

Our plan is to use the observed at home antigen tests in Amsterdam to board the ship, with the airport as a backup and, of course follow the entry rules in force at the time to get into the Netherlands.

The self test is voluntarily. It’s a recommendation not an obligation. You don’t have to do it, nor do you have to upload the result or show it to anyone. 

The Dutch government kindly asks all those who travel to The Netherlands from abroad to take a self test upon arrival, because there’s always a possibility that you got infected in the time period between the mandatory test for travel and your arrival in the Netherlands. 

Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1