Wilderness Exploration and Crab Fest

CruisingSince1982

7 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

We are in Ketchikan from 7am to 1:15pm. Is this enough time to do this excursion? if so, can you please recommend a tour operator? If not, any recommendations for something to do? We are interested in wildlife. Thank you.

5 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

Yes, although you eat crab around 10:30.  I would just go with the ship's excursion on this one.

I agree with Wolfie11 with going with the ships excursion. I was interested in this excursion and upon my research, there’s only 1 company that offers the excursion. Both the ship and company(if booked direct) are the same price. With the ships excursion, you have the built in assurance of getting back to the ship on time or the ship waiting for you. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

When we decided to go back to Alaska - we looked for an Itinerary that included Sitka (for the bears) and Ketchikan - so we could return for that wonderful CRAB FEAST !! - Strange that we are eating at 10:30 - but YUMMMMM

Go on the ship's excursion - you will not be sorry 

As of now they haven't added it as a ship excursion, but I keep checking! I hope they do add it. Our port time is 7am - 1pm. Not very long!

8 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

As of now they haven't added it as a ship excursion, but I keep checking! I hope they do add it. Our port time is 7am - 1pm. Not very long!

Yes - very short port time - 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM - NCL Sun - Departing Seattle on May 31st

It IS on our itinerary - we booked this excursion some time ago - estimate (as mentioned earlier) is that we will be eating crab at about 10:30 AM 

• Like 1