Carnival Legend - October - Need Help

moxie99

Hello Everyone, we are booked on the Legend, October 6th. Although we have been on a few cruises, I have a question about the cabin as we are taking my parents with us. We have cabins 8233 and 8231 - we booked balcony guarantee and then when Carnival had it's sale I called my TA and asked that she book us rooms as high up as possible. It's my parent's 50th anniversary year and I want everything Perfect for them. Dad is a little worried about being seasick - any advice? Also does anyone have pictures of the extended balconies? Will we feel more movement because we are in the back of the ship? Has anyone sailed out of NYC in October? What side of the ship do we need to be on to see the Statue of Liberty leaving? My mom is so excited to see this as they have never travelled and this is going to be "the trip of a lifetime" for them. I am setting a computer up for her this weekend and will get her hooked up here so she can start reading the boards. She is sooooooo excited that she is already packing for an October cruise.

Faye, Ken and Brianna

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;6;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Legend Begins

Carnival Victory - 2/2003

Serenade of the Seas - 8/2003

Carnival Victory - 1/2004

Carnival Legend - 10/2004

Moxie we are going on the same cruise..we are in room 8268 with a wraparound balconey...I'm soo excited...I have never been on this ship before but, as far as I have heard the highger on the ship you are the more movement you will feel ....hopefully some of the more experienced cruisers on the board can give u some advice on that .....I am excited you are the first person who has posted that they are going Oct 6th besides us....have a Great Day!!!Bonnie

Hi Guys - If you go to Cruise Clues Legend page they have links to tons of photo albums from people who have sailed her. Also go to CruisingIsLife Chris's site - he writes a review that will have you feeling like you are already there icon_smile.gif

Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;3;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until Century

Then let the countdown to the Miracle 08/07/04 begin

Fantasy - 02/04

For people who experience motion sickness the lower - middle the better.

Sometimes the higher is not better.

DOes your dad get motion sickness while driving? If not he will be fine. WHen I first took my man on a cruise I was worried that he would get sick so I got the sea bands jsut in case. He didnt need them- We also had a cabin directly on the aft.- he was fine.

Your balconies are awesome though. You will have a great time.

PS- I thought I read somewhere the Statue of Libert will be on the left.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We had cabin 8231 on the Legend last month and were very happy with the location. icon_smile.gif You're only a few doors away from the aft stairs and elevator banks. Those elevators will take you straight down to the entrance of the Truffles dining room. It was also handy to just run up the stairs right to the buffet. We had a great steward and we tipped him to bring us one lounge chair which fit on the balcony with the other two chairs and the small table. There was some noise from above as this cabin is just under the edge of the Unicorn Cafe, but it wasn't enough to really bother us. Also, we did feel some motion of the ocean, again it didn't bother us.

If your dad is worried about being seasick, pack some Bonine or get the patches. We never needed them, but he could have a totally different reaction.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Booked on the Legend in September.

Natural remedies that work for motion sickness used and recommended by the staff on board include: red apples (keep a few in the room), drink as little as possible and eat regularly(easy to do with all you-can-eat around-the-clock eateries), fresh ginger to suck on (available at lunch buffet with Asian specialties) When thirsty: ginger in hot water with honey or sugar...better yet, ginger ale pop.

Stay active and try not to worry about the motion, Have Fun!!!!

Louise

Island Princess Christmas 2003

Voyager of the Seas March 2003

Carnival Victory March 2002

• 1 month later...

Hi, we're also going on the Legend in October. We'll be on 8th floor balcony room. Only cruised once before in an inside cabin so we're really excited about this one. We're celebrating ou anniversary. I hope the weather is nice in october for cruising.

Donna

Archived