Saphire Beach Info

Crunch Captain

It's a nice small beach with good snorkeling as long as the seas aren't rough. It was very windy when we were there a couple of weeks ago. There is a reasonable bar/restaurant there as well as a small beachfront convenient store. The beer prices were better out of the cooler in the store than the bar. $10 pp taxi fare each way. Took about 25 minutes to get there. Chairs were $5. You could rent snorkel equipment and other items as well. I didn't see any motorized watersports available. Nice trees if you like to sit in the shade on the beach.

100_2820.JPG

JS,

I booked my tour with Godfrey's tour, Sunny Liston also does a tour> In my case we are going shopping, island tour (mountain top included) and then to the beach for two hours. Godfrey's also has a tour which is just tour and beach.

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

http://sunnylistontours.com/

Happy cruising!!!!

I've just started re-uploading my beach photos from St. Thomas to my new photo web site. Sapphire was the first one to go up and here is the link to those photos:

http://lrichters.smugmug.com/Travel/162954

Thank you...those are beautiful pictures and really capture a beach we love.

You state: The beach and restaurant are open to the public but the pool is reserved for hotel guests only.

Our experience there over the last two years has included the pool and the pool area and its restaurant/bar. We usually eat lunch there after 2 hours on the beach and then set up at the pool for the rest of our time there. I'm wondering now if spending our money on food kept them from saying anything. By the way, the pool area is quite lovely, no?

Kathy

I'm glad you liked the photos. Thanks.

That view from the pool area looking toward St. John just took my breath away. Well, pretty much all of Sapphire Bech just took my breath away. I'd heard enough about it on these boards that I knew I had to see it but didn't know what to expect. The next time I go to St. Thomas I know I'm heading there again.

Some of the resorts are more lenient than others. Emerald Beach doesn't seem to mind cruise ship passengers hanging out at their pool area.

Most of the resorts are pretty clear as to who can and cannot use the pool. They just don't want a huge crowd of non-guests taking over the place, I guess. I've always wondered how they would really know in some places, anyway. At the Wyndham they'd know because you'd not be wearing one of their wrist bands but not all places have those. Often it's easier to get forgiveness than permission, though. ;)

Clubber' date='

Is that a picture of Sapphire Beach. If so I am ready to go.[/quote']

Yes, it's a view taken from the steps of the bar.

There are a couple of different ways to get to Saphire beach. On the way over, we went up and over the mountain, and on the way back we followed the coast around.

Archived