Fully vaccinated do not have to be tested disembarking ship in Canada, April 1, 2022.

A&L_Ont

Just read this on CTV, and didn’t see it posted on the Canadian Boards yet. Thought it was worth the share. I figure port stops for Seattle sailings would follow under the same rules, as they have to be fully vaccinated to board in the US.

CRUISE SHIPS

Cruise passengers will still be required to take an antigen test in order to board a ship no more than one day before their scheduled departure, but will no longer need to be tested before getting off the ship.

All other requirements for cruises, including providing proof of vaccination before boarding, remain in place.

The government continues to warn travellers that the virus can spread easily between people in close quarters, such as on cruise ships. The government says the chance of being infected with COVID-19 on cruise ships is still "very high," even for those who are fully vaccinated.

Link to the article. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/these-are-canada-s-new-travel-rules-for-fully-vaccinated-passengers-1.5841310?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3A{{campaignname}}%3Atwitterpost&taid=6246deb83225ef000127fe87&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ,I read this yesterday- updated 31 03 22

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html

(The pervious update https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel was dated 24 03 22 and required the disembarking cruise test) 

Cheers, h.

9 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

This was announced a couple of week ago.  It's just taking effect today.

The cruise ship portion?  I must have missed that part. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The cruise ship portion?  I must have missed that part. 🤷‍♂️

The announcement on March 16 covered entry into Canada by all means, including cruise ships.  I live in Victoria, and as the busiest cruise port in Canada, this issue was covered very extensively by the local media at the time.

Edited by westcoaster
  • Like 1

Living in Ontario, I fully understand why you had the press coverage that we didn’t regarding cruises here. Other than the MS Chi-Cheemaun and the Maid of the Mist we don’t have much in water transportation, and those are not international forms of travel.😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The ArriveCan app is still required for any arrivals in Canada. And arrivals are still subject to random testing. I’ve no idea what that means for cruisers to Vancouver even if they’re Canadians in transit via Seattle. 

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Living in Ontario, I fully understand why you had the press coverage that we didn’t regarding cruises here. Other than the MS Chi-Cheemaun and the Maid of the Mist we don’t have much in water transportation, and those are not international forms of travel.😁

LOL😃😃

10 hours ago, Tango99 said:

The ArriveCan app is still required for any arrivals in Canada. And arrivals are still subject to random testing. I’ve no idea what that means for cruisers to Vancouver even if they’re Canadians in transit via Seattle. 

Cruise ship passengers disembarking in Canada should not be subject to random arrival testing.

533269466_ScreenShot2022-04-02at1_29_12PM.thumb.png.27b4a16c73698412470b99f834b18dbd.png

1426574670_ScreenShot2022-04-02at1_26_51PM.thumb.png.e4e79457dbddb30fdf9dedbdbed47c77.png

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Cruise ship passengers disembarking in Canada should not be subject to random arrival testing.

533269466_ScreenShot2022-04-02at1_29_12PM.thumb.png.27b4a16c73698412470b99f834b18dbd.png

1426574670_ScreenShot2022-04-02at1_26_51PM.thumb.png.e4e79457dbddb30fdf9dedbdbed47c77.png

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Thanks for the info about arrivals “by boat”. This could be much more specific. I missed it completely!