Renting a scooter for TransAtlantic cruise?

DRS/NC

Yesterday I rented my scooter for my TransAtlantic cruise in late May (18 days FLL to Southampton).

I called both Special Needs at Sea (I usually rent from them) & ScootAround for a price.

Boy! Did I get a surprise!  SNatS gave me a $600+ price for the 18 days. 

SA was having a TA special -- $100!  They're trying to get some of their FL inventory (scooters, rollators, etc) to Europe.  Even with adding insurance, my cost is 50% of the SNatS scooter.

So I"ll try SA.  Just wanted to share this info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great news.   I always check both companies.    Scootaround also has frequent discount codes available through other websites.   Such as the code USCRUISE gives you a 15% discount.   This code is through United Spinal Association.   So I always check for discounts, too.  Sometimes the discount code does not work through their website so you have to call to get it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, maureencruiser said:

Just read the fine print about the insurance.  If the scooter is stolen, you still have a $500 deductible. It didn't seem worth it to me. 

We found this out too about Scootaround insurance.    We have never taken the insurance as it will pay very little, if anything.  Even if the scooter is damaged, there is at least a $250 deductible (and it does not cover damage to baskets, cup holders, battery, accessories, etc).   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

We found this out too about Scootaround insurance.    We have never taken the insurance as it will pay very little, if anything.  Even if the scooter is damaged, there is at least a $250 deductible (and it does not cover damage to baskets, cup holders, battery, accessories, etc).   

Exactly!  We have to do the $10 cancellation protection, because Covid tests ae done 2 or 3 days before cruising, but, the regular insurance?  Nah!