AT&T Cruise Package vs Onboard social wifi

TwoDogs-niw

Be careful considering the plan from the phone company it is rigged in their favor unless all you want to do is talk and text. It comes with 200Mb of data and then every 1Mb of data is charged at $2 and will add up quickly. Even basic apps like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are now using tons of data that most people do not even realize so it can get expensive really quickly. The real kicker is the data these apps use just running in the background can sneak up on you also. MaBell knows how to make a quick buck and this package is easy pickings for them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dadofsix said:

The real kicker is the data these apps use just running in the background can sneak up on you also. MaBell knows how to make a quick buck and this package is easy pickings for them.

Same here. Every time I've looked at AT&T's cruise package, I've come away thinking "MY GODS what a ripoff!" My wife and I just get his and hers Premium Wi-Fi packages instead.

We use the international day pass when at a port/island.  Can't beat it for $10 per 24 hour period if you can wait until in a port to call/text/check emails,  etc.   And if your ports are back to back it might only cost you $10 to use in both ports!  I agree the ATT ship package is not worth it for what they are giving you, and if you go over it will definitely hit you in your pocketbook.   I would get the social package if it is absolutely necessary you keep in touch while on the ship.  Just make sure it covers exactly what you need.  

The cruise package from AT&T throttles data considerably and you only get a very small amount for what you pay per month/cruise.

I’ve been coupling the middle level internet plan (when I need it) with the $10 international Day Pass and have been very happy.

I save heavy minute/data things I need to do (like phone calls or downloading more Netflix/books to my iPad) on the port days when I have Day Pass available. 

They are really not comparable.

If you want to talk and text the AT&T plan will be great.  The amount of data included isn't enough to do anything with.

If you want to use social apps that use data then the ship plan is the answer.