Does anyone enjoy a short nap

csoud68

Naps have bad connotations for me as I rarely take them unless I am sick.  When I was working, sometimes I would nod off on the trolley going home but after sleeping through my stop a couple of times, I made sure to stay awake. When I am enjoying myself on a cruise I don't even feel like taking a nap as I might miss something.

5 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

When I am enjoying myself on a cruise I don't even feel like taking a nap as I might miss something.

Honestly the whole reason we booked our last cruise was to relax. No entertainment, no activities, just thermal spa, balcony, and food...we did hit Bermuda pretty hard though! 

We had a drink in the atrium so watched a bit of trivia, but they don't even give out prizes. I'll take a nap over prizeless trivia any day! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lynncarol said:

Naps have bad connotations for me as I rarely take them unless I am sick.  When I was working, sometimes I would nod off on the trolley going home but after sleeping through my stop a couple of times, I made sure to stay awake. When I am enjoying myself on a cruise I don't even feel like taking a nap as I might miss something.

My husband was a napper all his adult life ... every day.  He had a comfy chair in the corner of his office and he'd take a 20-30min nap daily.   He maintained that the daily nap was what allowed him to cheerfully work 10-12 hours most days; while still being 'alive' in the evenings.  And for him it worked great.  I was jealous because I wear hard contact lenses so I could never take a nap without a big production. 

• Like 2

Normally do not nap on cruise.  Don't go to sleepuntil 1 or 2 am nightly. Also up between 6:30 and 7:00 most mornings.   I love walking around a quiet ship with a cup of coffee while most everyone else is sleeping.  I may close my eyes for 10 minutes or so after getting out of a hot tub, listening to the ship sounds.

I can sleep when I get home.  For clarification, I am in my late 60's

At home, I do frequently enjoy a daily 20 minute cat nap.

Edited by sleepless

1 hour ago, sleepless said:

Normally do not nap on cruise.  Don't go to sleepuntil 1 or 2 am nightly. Also up between 6:30 and 7:00 most mornings.   I love walking around a quiet ship with a cup of coffee while most everyone else is sleeping.  I may close my eyes for 10 minutes or so after getting out of a hot tub, listening to the ship sounds.

I can sleep when I get home.  For clarification, I am in my late 60's

At home, I do frequently enjoy a daily 20 minute cat nap.

In my 20s I thought sleep irrelevant. I could sleep when I die....then I got a job where I worked 70 hours a week which translates to death. Now I so value my sleeps!

On 4/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, csoud68 said:

During the day when cruising? I get up at 6 and don't go to sleep til 11pm..

The only way I can do that is to take a nap...usually from 2-3:30...I get up energized and ready to go...and I sleep so good on the ship..

Yes, I'm getting older..lol

lol I didn't this last time untill I was so wiped out, I passed out lol   felt good though. I always feel like im going to miss something 

On 5/27/2022 at 2:28 AM, DarrenM said:

For me a nap is when you just nod off for a bit,

Haha, I resemble this remark! I don't plan naps, they just kinda happen organically. 

I also don't consider them a "waste of time that could be spent doing other things..." We all need x hours of sleep a day, more or less. If I happen to give up 10-90 minutes (ok, maybe sometimes it is more than just a nod off) of my daytime wakefulness, I figure those minutes will be returned later that evening!