Virgin sales?

colesc15

Hi all, 

I'm new to digging into virgin cruises and it's options so I have no idea what's a decent price or not. We've been very loyal to Royal and they run sales from time to time. I'm curious if Virgin runs sales periodically or if the "10% off by paying in full" is the best it gets? 

Also, currently pricing a Rockstar sweet aft suite with pretty big terrace for 5 nights on scarlet lady next March for roughly $3695 before the pay in full discount.. Is this a solid deal or is it more expensive than what it should be? 

Thanks in advance! 

I can't really speak to what sorts of sales Virgin runs (although Royal does seem to do lots of "sales"), but what I can tell you is that last March we booked a cheeky corner suite for this July on a 5 day (and we did do the pay in full since we were using voyage credit from a cancelled cruise) and we paid just over $2000.  Not a true comparison since prices for everything have gone up since last year, but that gives you some idea.  My best advice would be to just track the price of the suite you are interested in for a few weeks and see if the price changes at all.  

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

We bought using the "Sea Blue, Save Green" offer earlier in the year which gave a decent discount.

There is currently an up to 40% off sale lablled Lets Sail Away. Also $400 onboard spend on some Med cruises.

Cruise Deals | Virgin Voyages

The pay in full extra 10% is on top of those promotions.

It appears the 40% sale is only on sailings within the next few months. 

If my memory serves me correctly, we booked a Cheeky Corner (pretty big terrace) in 10/21 for 5/22 and got 10% off for booking > 6 months in advance. We did not pay in full, but for a 5 night cruise it was $4800. They (Virgin) ran a promotion after we booked and I was able to call and get a price adjustment. I believe it was after final payment, because my credit card was credited the difference.