Seattle return flight-Red Eye

romandog

When we return from our Alaska cruise, we have a red eye flight that departs at 11:58 pm. We originally had a 12:30 pm flight, but the airline changed the flight, and this was the only one we could get on. Does anyone know if hotels sell a day pass? I don’t want o be stuck at the airport all day.

1 hour ago, romandog said:

When we return from our Alaska cruise, we have a red eye flight that departs at 11:58 pm. We originally had a 12:30 pm flight, but the airline changed the flight, and this was the only one we could get on. Does anyone know if hotels sell a day pass? I don’t want o be stuck at the airport all day.

Your situation is even worse than ours!  We have a 9:45 pm flight from Seattle the day we disembark.  Thanks to info from Glaciers, we are using Port Valet to take care of our luggage from the ship to our final destination, and Seattle sightseeing during the day - we have considered doing the HOHO bus from 10 am-4 pm ($43pp, I think), then having a nice dinner and using the 1Line Link public transport from Westlake Center to the airport, since we will have only our carry on bag, that should work out fine for us.  We will arrive at the airport a couple hours early, and wait.  We are flying Delta.

Hope you can make plans so the day is not a total wasted and boring day!    Please post your plans - they could help someone else.

Edited by GloriaF

Port Valet is a free luggage to SeaTac Airport service offered by the Port of Seattle for folks disembarking cruise ships, who will be flying out of SeaTac the same day.  I think all cruise lines except Carnival participate.  Generally speaking, the same day flight have to depart SeaTac just after 11AM and there are various cut-off flight deadlines depending on your airline.

There is no charge for this service if your flight qualifies.  You will put your luggage outside your stateroom on your last night on the ship, and you will pick it up at your home airport when you land.  And it's free!  New this year is the option of pre-registering for the service.

@ImperialLady  https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Port Valet is a free luggage to SeaTac Airport service offered by the Port of Seattle for folks disembarking cruise ships, who will be flying out of SeaTac the same day.  I think all cruise lines except Carnival participate.  Generally speaking, the same day flight have to depart SeaTac just after 11AM and there are various cut-off flight deadlines depending on your airline.

There is no charge for this service if your flight qualifies.  You will put your luggage outside your stateroom on your last night on the ship, and you will pick it up at your home airport when you land.  And it's free!  New this year is the option of pre-registering for the service.

@ImperialLady  https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

thanks you a lot!!!  That is perfect for us. 

oh man that sounds perfect for us........ our flight is at 11pm as well to head home. We got nonstop flights with Alaska for $150 at 11 or we could've paid over $300 each for an earlier day with stops.  Unfortunately we are on Carnival so that won't help us out I guess 😞.  Thanks for sharing the daypass info.  We may be able to take advantage of that and relax, nap, and still do somesightseeing.  

• Like 1

We may be on the same flight. I had a flight going home the day after our cruise (may 25th) at 7am, but the flight from Charlotte to Charleston, WV got cancelled and the only available flight to Charleston is at noon on the 25th. So we fly out of Seattle same time 11:58 pm on the 24th and land in Charlotte at 8am. 

Edited by herdhopeful07

20 hours ago, fozzy said:

I'm on Carnival in May 2022 and was able to preregister for Port Valet. So I'm assuming it works for Carnival. They ask for your ship and disembarkation date 

We are going in May as well and was able to preregister. I asked John Heald just to be certain and this is what he said so I guess we need to make another plan.

2022-04-15 (1).png

Edited by RazorPokesHoney
Picture edit

Carnival didn't participate during the 2021 Seattle/Alaska cruise season either. 

I would have hoped that Carnival would offer Port Valet, and I suppose that it is possible that they will reconsider, as it is an awesome free service for passengers.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fozzy said:

Oh no, my flight leaves at midnight and you can't check your bags until four hours before your flight according to the SeaTac website. I guess I'll be lugging it around. 

Our flight is early, we just wanted to do self-assist with less to deal with. Someone on another thread posted this place as an option if you have a later flight.

https://usebounce.com/