Dunmore East (cruise port) to Waterford Factory DIY on your own

17 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Is it possible to take a taxi or other means to get from the port to the Waterford tour and back?  

Is it possible? - yes.

But Dunmore East is a small town and not many local based taxis.  During a cruise ship visit some taxis based in Waterford etc will migrate towards Dunmore and be available, but there will still be a very finite number.

Likewise there is a bus service https://suirway.com/timetables/dunmore-east/january-june-2022/

but it is a local service and would be swamped with cruisers. 

If the ship offers a transfer to Waterford city it may be your best best.  Waterford is small and very walkable.

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Is it possible? - yes.

But Dunmore East is a small town and not many local based taxis.  During a cruise ship visit some taxis based in Waterford etc will migrate towards Dunmore and be available, but there will still be a very finite number.

Likewise there is a bus service https://suirway.com/timetables/dunmore-east/january-june-2022/

If the ship offers a transfer to Waterford city it may be your best best.  Waterford is small and very walkable.

Thank you.  The ship does offer it however we were also hoping to take part in the afternoon trip to Curraghmore House and Gardens.  Was hoping to do the waterford factory in the AM and then the 12:30 ship tour in the PM.  Is that too aspirational?  If you had to pick one which would you do?  I am a Waterford collector if that means anything. 

3 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Thank you.  The ship does offer it however we were also hoping to take part in the afternoon trip to Curraghmore House and Gardens.  Was hoping to do the waterford factory in the AM and then the 12:30 ship tour in the PM.  Is that too aspirational?  If you had to pick one which would you do?  I am a Waterford collector if that means anything. 

I would certainly prioritise Curraghmore House.  I am not sure if it would be possible to do both but perhaps you could aim for an early tender and if you manage to get an early taxi to Waterford you could spend an hour or two at Waterford.  It should be easy enough to get a taxi back from Waterford to Dunmore.

18 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I would certainly prioritise Curraghmore House.  I am not sure if it would be possible to do both but perhaps you could aim for an early tender and if you manage to get an early taxi to Waterford you could spend an hour or two at Waterford.  It should be easy enough to get a taxi back from Waterford to Dunmore.

Thank you very much for the insight.  I am very much looking forward to this trip.

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2022 at 5:40 AM, VMax1700 said:

Is it possible? - yes.

Suirway has ceased trading since October 31st 2022