Guarantee cabin upgrades?

Wanderlust876

Has anyone actually gotten a good cabin booking as a guarantee? 

I'm debating on booking an inside guarantee on the Divina because I have a bigger cruise later this year that's not cheap. 

The Oceanview and balcony are the same price right now so if I want to upgrade I would need to go up about $200 to a balcony. The cruise is in May and doesn't look full. 

Never cruised MSC so thought I'd see what others have experienced. 

Thank you! 

I got a great upgrade on Seaside in 2019, but since then they have had the bidding for an upgrade program, so I don’t know how it would work out.  I was very calculated in my choice.  I booked a fantastica OV gty, knowing that on Seaside there were only about 80 OV cabins, and equally divided between Bella and Fantastica.  It worked, and we got a Fantastica balcony midship on deck 14.  
  I’m sailing solo now as my sister passed in Jan, so I have considered booking and side gty on Divina.  Our first Divina cruise was an inside gty, and we had one of the tiny ones they now label as IM2 junior interior.  It was okay, but only a 3 day cruise. EM

• Like 1

We just got off Seashore. We originally booked an ocean view room that was switched to a GTY a few weeks later with their new room assignments/designations. The last week of March we were finally assigned our room which was a fantastica balcony. It’s the only time we’ve been upgraded. 

• Like 1

I booked a Bella Guarantee Balcony for my daughter and myself on Divina leaving on May 22, four nights out of Port Canaveral.  Got the confirmation and it stated Bella Guarantee.  With 3 hours I got another confirmation, I was upgraded, for free, to an Aurea balcony cabin.

Just like with any Guarantee cabin on any ship, it comes with risk because you don't know where you will end up. Will you be under the pool deck; will you be above the disco or other lounge, will you be under the buffet?  The only way to avoid that risk is to book a cabin you can live with and be happy with it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kandmd said:

We are on Divina May 8-12, booked Bella Balcony GTY, assigned premium balcony Deck 12 Aurea midship, no complaints here.

I'm on this sailing as well! Where did you go to see your assignment? Every time I try to log into the website today I get an error message. 

14 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Just like with any Guarantee cabin on any ship, it comes with risk because you don't know where you will end up. Will you be under the pool deck; will you be above the disco or other lounge, will you be under the buffet?  The only way to avoid that risk is to book a cabin you can live with and be happy with it.

I agree! I would have settled for whatever I was assigned but thought I'd see if it happened often as I've never sailed with them before. Super excited! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

I'm on this sailing as well! Where did you go to see your assignment? Every time I try to log into the website today I get an error message. 

Disregard! I was able to log in on my laptop. It wasn't working on my phone. Assigned deck 10 Fantastical, still interior but that works for me. With the amount I had to shell out for the balcony on Royal in August I just couldn't bring myself to do it here, haha.