COVID Test in Barcelona

Good question. You should probably buy and bring the proctored tests (like emed)  along with you. Or email your hotel in Barcelona to find out if there is a local pharmacy or local place where you can receive a rapid antigen test prior to your cruise. 

Does anyone know if antigen test has to be supervised? I know when we visit the USA from the UK if you go for an antigen (rather than PCR) it has to be supervised but there are options for non supervised tests (where you receive a certificate) so wanted to confirm 

They do them at the airport,  30 euros,  You can make an appt online.  Yes it requires you to take taxi there and back but it is an option. ALso you can go to https://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_city_guide/all_about/barcelona_airport_bcn/covid_testing_in_barcelona

Scroll down to where they list all the centers doing testing.  You can put in your location in the city and find the center closest to you.

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Good question. You should probably buy and bring the proctored tests (like emed)  along with you. Or email your hotel in Barcelona to find out if there is a local pharmacy or local place where you can receive a rapid antigen test prior to your cruise. 

Also suggest the eMed tests - used them in Florida before a cruise; as long as you have access to a device such as laptop, iPad or smartphone with camera and audio, it's easy to use. They guide you along and it takes no more than 20 minutes.

• Like 1

You can either Google the test locations, or email your hotel and ask.  (or listen to strangers on a board).  I personally googled the questions, found a location, 2 blocks from my hotel, and most likely will set an appointment and do it first thing in the morning if it is still required when I go to Barcelona for my return trip home.