Uber pick up from Port Everglades terminal 18

StrikeEagle

Hello everyone,  

I'm planning to have Uber pick up from Port Everglades terminal 18 on returning trip.   Where is the Uber pick up area at that terminal?   Is it the same place as the taxis line up?   Also during that morning it's going to be crowded with passengers getting off/on the ships catching rides, when looking for my Uber ride,  do I walk around searching for the car and the license plate number?  This is my first time using Uber.

Thanks

It will be pretty easy. We just did this in early March. There is an area outside the doors to the left for rideshare. We walked outside, ordered our Uber to the airport and waited under 5 minutes for it to arrive. It worked slick and the signage was good.

• Thanks 2

Cabs line up outside of the terminal waiting for fares. Uber and Lyft are usually only allowed on port property after they have a confirmed fare. In most instances I have only waited less than fifteen minutes for my Uber transportation to arrive at the terminal.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cruizingOmi said:

How much was the Uber from the port to Airport? 

Go to the uber website to get an estimate. It depends on number of drivers, time of day, traffic, etc. We paid under $15 for hubby and me to go from port to airport on a Sunday around 10am.

We have used Uber quite a bit.  Ordering ahead is irrelevant.  If I wanted an uber I would enter the info into the app while waiting in line for my customs/immigration interview.

Many ubers now have a sign in the front window to identify who they are.  Also, the driver will have your phone number so that if you cannot find each other initially, he/she can call you, you can exchange car color, license if necessary and what color your wife is wearing that morning.

Edited by thinfool

Adding our experience, first time using Uber. 

We got off the ship around 9am, signed into the Uber app and found a ride available in 10 minutes.  We were not going to the Airport, we were going to a hotel on the beach (Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale). We had checked the price before leaving for vacation and it was estimated at $12 however it was $25 when we requested it.  Not a big deal for us but was a little surprised.  

Once arriving at the hotel, we scheduled a head of time a 4am Uber pickup for a 6am flight the next morning.  Again the estimate was $15 but the actual cost was $35, apparently there is a $10 scheduling fee if you do it ahead of time.  Again not a big deal, but was surprised.  Apparently the bars close at 4am, while waiting for our Uber at 4am we saw two Ubers dropping people obviously coming home from a fun night on the town.  So we could have found one easily without scheduling it, we were also told it is never hard to find an Uber in that area.

Edited by p5woody

• 3 weeks later...