Cruising on Silhouette tomorrrow

Biba9876

Cruising tomorrow… Spain, Portugal, France. Hi, could someone please tell me, can we stroll around the ports with out taking excursions and is the Self Serve Buffet open?  What is the Buffet called, and also the complimentary restaurant?  Thanks all. 

Just now, Biba9876 said:

Cruising tomorrow… Spain, Portugal, France. Hi, could someone please tell me, can we stroll around the ports with out taking excursions and is the Self Serve Buffet open?  What is the Buffet called, and also the complimentary restaurant?  Thanks all. 

Currently on Silhouette heading your way.   Feel free to stop by my Live report in my signature below.

It is expected that we will be able to tour on our own in all ports.   We were in Lisbon a couple days ago and most ships tours were cancelled due to a medical evacuation that caused us to arrive late.   All passengers are required to fill out a free Portugal Arrivals Card on line and the ship can not begin disembarkation until 100% of passengers comply.  It took about another hour after arrival to clear the ship and then were never asked for the form.

NO SELF SERVICE BUFFET.     Except for drinks all service is plated by a staff as you tell them what you want.     Buffet will be open when you board and is on Deck 14 AFT -  Ocean View Cafe

Complimentary are Ocean View,  Pool Grill (hamburgers and hot dogs) and The Aqua Spa Cafe (light and healthy choices).

For Sea Days if not in a suite they have the main Dining Room Open for Lunch.  On port days only open for breakfast and dinner.

Would really recommend downloading the Celebrity App on your smart phone.   It has maps of the ships,  Menu's, Excursions etc as well as activities schedule  and times that tall of the eating options are open and cost if any

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Currently on Silhouette heading your way.   Feel free to stop by my Live report in my signature below.

It is expected that we will be able to tour on our own in all ports.   We were in Lisbon a couple days ago and most ships tours were cancelled due to a medical evacuation that caused us to arrive late.   All passengers are required to fill out a free Portugal Arrivals Card on line and the ship can not begin disembarkation until 100% of passengers comply.  It took about another hour after arrival to clear the ship and then were never asked for the form.

NO SELF SERVICE BUFFET.     Except for drinks all service is plated by a staff as you tell them what you want.     Buffet will be open when you board and is on Deck 14 AFT -  Ocean View Cafe

Complimentary are Ocean View,  Pool Grill (hamburgers and hot dogs) and The Aqua Spa Cafe (light and healthy choices).

For Sea Days if not in a suite they have the main Dining Room Open for Lunch.  On port days only open for breakfast and dinner.

Would really recommend downloading the Celebrity App on your smart phone.   It has maps of the ships,  Menu's, Excursions etc as well as activities schedule  and times that tall of the eating options are open and cost if any

Thanks for this Jim. We have gone on Celebrity several times but of course not last 3 years. Great to hear things are similar. We never did deck 14 for dinner, but sometimes they did afternoon tea. This was great if you left early am to explore the port. We rarely did cruise tours, but suspect our upcoming tour is different ( to Iceland). 

• 4 weeks later...