$90 Per Day 😱😱

ladysail2

On 4/25/2022 at 3:19 PM, cmich068 said:

Insane. On Carnival I was very happy with Cheers at $50 something a day (only time I've ever bought a drink package) but at that price, definitely wouldn't buy - especially not when taking into account my diamond drink vouchers each day, but even without them I don't think I'd buy. 

Right.  On my upcoming Carnival cruise, the Cheers package is $51.95 pp/pd….I’m not buying it, I’ll be happy with the Pepsi I’m buying.  On Royal, The drink vouchers and free wine for status will be well good enough for me.

Drink packages have never been financially attractive to us.  Especially since one is TT.

One thing we noticed a few years ago when we did two cruises in Australia was the huge difference between bar  prices...adjusted for currency.

Our first was 14 days on Princess.  On board currency was AUD, which approximated CAD.     The second was on RCI.  The on board currency was USD.  Bar drinks were about 20-30 percent more expensive on RCI before currency adjustment..  Bottom line was a 50 percent difference adjusted for currency.  More for wine in the MDR.  

Fortunately we have status on Celebrity that was recognized on RCI so we had access to the Diamond Lounge  or whatever it was called.  

Edited by iancal

I had put the deluxe package in my cart on the cruise planner a while back during the last 'promo' but never did check out.  Each time I had checked it stayed in my cart and at the lower price then it currently is for our Sept Oasis sailing.  I just decided to pay for it yesterday.  65.99 per person, still more than I would like but I will take it.

We have a cruise in September on Symphony and the DBP is at $90 per person.  The price is much more than on any other Royal Cruise I have taken.  We just returned from the Celebrity Apex last week and I was able to see how many drinks we ordered during the cruise.  I was a little surprised by how many.  We are in no way heavy drinkers but with multiple bottles of premium water, lattes and americanos coffees during the day plus cocktails in the afternoon (sometimes before noon!) a couple glasses of wine during dinner and the odd the evening cocktail during the shows it adds up.  Prices on board for drinks ranged from $8 to $15 with water at $2.50 to $4 and coffees at $5 - $7 (all US dollars).  I also factor in the peace of mind knowing that drinks are covered with no bill at the end of the curise.

On 4/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, LouTheGlue said:

Yeah that's how much it is... got an email yesterday "exclusive savings of up to 35% off just dropped" Logged into my planner and here is the cost.

image.thumb.jpeg.a69b7e74bea34e0df9b118c62aba1233.jpeg

Oh wow!!!! prices have really increased since I last cruised before the pandemic!! I wonder if they will go back to the old prices eventually!