Gift Certificate Question

Hey everyone,

I have a bunch of RCL gift certificates that I'm looking to use to potentially book a cruise. Question is, would I have to call C&A and book through them directly OR book online and then call Royal and have them adjust with the certificates?

We typically don't use a TA, but if it helps we might be willing to use them.

Thanks for the help!

15 minutes ago, jbklyn88 said:

Hey everyone,

I have a bunch of RCL gift certificates that I'm looking to use to potentially book a cruise. Question is, would I have to call C&A and book through them directly OR book online and then call Royal and have them adjust with the certificates?

You probably want to call and apply them at booking to try to ensure things don’t get screwed up. 

Here is a link to terms and conditions for gift devices:  https://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/royal-caribbean-gift-card-program/

It states: 

1. Certificate may be used only as a form of payment toward a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean International.  After the gift certificate has been applied to a new reservation, the reservation may be transferred to a travel agency.
  2. Certificate value may only be applied toward the cruise fare for Royal Caribbean International sailings quoted in USD and cannot be used toward payment of the required initial deposit.  The initial deposit must be paid in USD (by cash or credit card) at the time of booking. 
  3. Book your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation online at RoyalCaribbean.com *Deposit is required at the time of booking
  4. After making your cruise reservation, email a copy of this Gift Certificate to SharedservicesGiftCertificateRedemption@rccl.com*You will receive a notification via email once certificate(s) have been applied to your reservation.

I was able to use mine towards my final balance 3 weeks before it was due. I easily applied 4 gift certificates online a total $725.00....worked well for me and they were applied within approx 4 business days. 

100% call. I just redeemed one online for my upcoming allure cruise, and wanted it for onboard credit. I double checked before I submitted it. This week, there was a refund posted to my credit card. I thought our reservation had been canceled.  After more than 2 hours on the phone, royal figured out it had been redeemed as cruise fare, so they basically just refunded me the cost of the gift certificate.  I'll have the money to use on the ship, but the extra stress of not knowing, plus the time wasted was not fun.

I had a large gift certificate as a gift from my son and called to book a b2b.  RC would only let me pay for the 1st cruise and not all of ly the balance to the 2nd.  I can only get the remainder amount as an OBC on the first cruise and it hasn’t shown up on my booking but I have documentation