Miracle - storage in room, over door organizer, etc.

D4

We've been on lots of cruises and I know closets vary quite a bit. This time all 4 of us will be in a balcony cabin, so being organized will be important.

1) Will one of those large over the door shoe organizers fit over the bathroom door? Is there a hook on the door that is in the way? If so, where/how do you hang your organizer?

2) Is the closet mainly for hanging clothes? Is there a big set of shelves? (We prefer shelves, but can adapt.) Are there lots of hangers?

3) If I leave beach shoes on the balcony to dry, do i have to worry about them blowing away? I could tie a large mesh bag to a chair if wind is a concern.

I won't be bringing a crock pot or coffee pot, so I don't have to worry about storage for them. Of course I will bring a power strip for all my chargers.

On paper we had 4 in our cabin; in reality we had 5 of us (2, 6, 11, 35, and 38 yrs). We had an inside. There were 3 closets. One had the life vests and robes, but there was room to hand other clothes. One was just a hanging closet and the last had shelves in it, perhaps 3 or 4. We had no problems wtih space at all. We put most of our bags under the beds.

We di dnot bring an over the door organizer and had no problems. There was counter space in the bathroom, as well as 4 shelves attached to the mirror where I kept contact solution, deodarant, etc.

I brought the power strip and it stayed in our bag the whole time. The hair dryer had its own plug. We just charged one thing at a time wtih no problems.

Thanks for the info. That's a lot of people in one cabin! It sounds like you did fine.

Does anybody else have experience with the over the door shoe organizers or know if beach shoes blow off the balcony?

I guess how much you need the power strip depends on how many gadgets you bring! My carryon is a pilot case full of cameras and electronics and everything needs to be charged. My DH would love it if I didn't bring so many, but hey I don't bring lots of shoes or over pack clothes like a lot of ladies.

I know there were 2 hooks on the back of the bathroom door that we hung our slightly damp swimsuits on while showering- we usually hung them on the little line in the shower. We left our beach shoes on the balcony when they were wet and sandy with no problem.

In addition to closet storage there is also a number of drawers. We were 4 in a room (outside) and had no problem. I do remember hooks on inside of bathroom door as well as the clothes line. There were also hooks in bathroom and shelves on mirror. As for balcony I would think that would depend alot on the weather and the location of your cabin.

Have a great time. Loved the MIracle.

the over the door show holder should have hooks that hook on top of the door. It does not block the door from closing. There is two hooks inside the door but the shoe holder wont connect to those.

We also had 5 people to an inside cabin and used the shoe holder inside the bathroom and another outside the door.

4 people do have a lot of stuff for the bathroom--especially if everyone used differnet deodorants, razors, toothbrushes, etc. having the shoe hold for 4 people keeps the vanity cluster free and makes the cabin better organized.

There is plenty of space in the cabin and bathroom if there is only 2 people.

Archived